Factory reset question

lthomas926

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to do a reset just wanted to know what all I will lose I have done it before and noticed not everything was gone. Also the apps I downloaded should I write them all done or will the market show them all after The reset?

I'm rooted and lagfixed BTW

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
First I recommend you set up an Appbrain account if you havent already. I just did a reset over the weekend, appbrain made it so simple. You sign up for the appbrain account (free) it links to your gmail account. Grab appbrain app from the market. also grab the fast web installer. After you launch appbrain app from your phone you can tell it to sync with your account then appbrain will know all the apps you have installed.

After you do the reset, download the appbrain app, and fast web installer from the market. Launch appbrain from your phone. Go into the manage and synch, click perform installs and it will download all your apps again.

lthomas926

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Sounds good as far as the apps. What about the other stuff. What will stay and what do I need to backup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
If you use Appbrain to restore your apps, make sure you are on Wi-Fi. I used 112mb of data just re-downloading all of my apps. If you use Titanium Backup to backup all of your data, then you can restore your system data and your app data too. I would be careful restoring system data though, especially if you want to go back to stock. Just restoring app data worked best for me, then I re-established all of my old settings from memory along with my accounts and everything.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I was shocked b/c it saved all of my pictures and music and some downloaded skins/themes I had for Beautiful widgets.

Make sure you export you contacts to a file, then just email it to your google account (thats if your contacts are not synced with gmail)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae