Any way to enter safe mode on Captivate?

DudeVee

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have looked all over the forums, google, and have even talked to Samsung tech support to no avail. Samsung tech support was not aware of any such function to enter save mode, however did give me the information in order to enter recovery mode. I changed some setting on a third party app that starts during boot of the phone, and it is now stuck in a force close loop. I would like to enter safe mode in order to uninstall the app and correct the issue, without having to lose all my apps, homescreens, and information. I know that several android devices, including other galaxy s phones, have a method to enter safe mode. I have tried just about every combination i can think of with no success. Does anyone know if this is possible with the captivate, and how to approach it. Thanks.

Josh

DudeVee

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Figured it out! Just thought I'd post my solution. It seems to be real picky on how it enters into safe mode. I held down volume-up, menu, and the power on button. Released power button when the att screen came up, but continued to hold the volume-up and menu. Then when the Samsung "S" screen comes up I released the menu button and then held the menu button down again. It vibrates 3 times, then brings into safe mode, where I was able to uninstall the corrupt app. Hope this helps someone else who may run into the same problem I had. Thanks.

Josh

Reactions: Nick D