need help syncing gmail contacts with phone

mrputzy

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I searched and didn't find any solutions. did find some old posts, but thought I would ask if anyone knows anything new.

Problem is the groups I have in my gmail contacts on my PC are not syncing to my captivate. and any group changes I make on the phone do not sync back to the pc. I have hundreds of contacts, and I need my groups.

WTF? Isn't this all google? isn't that supposed to be one of the big advantages of android?

I have only had the phone a couple weeks, but this problem is about enough to make me cancel my contract with AT&T.

Also, there needs to be a way to sort/search contacts by business name.

mrputzy

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
oh, on top of this problem, i just found another problem. If contacts in gmail are only in one of the groups i have created, and not also in the My Contacts group, they don't get sync'ed to the phone at all. Only contacts that are in My Contacts get sync'ed. WTFFFFFF!?!?!?!?

So much for keeping my gmail contacts list nicely organized. Fack this is p1ssing me off!

mrputzy

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
ya, i read that in posts made a few months ago when i searched. It is working fine for people not using Samsung phones. since it is a known issue, seemingly specific to samsung/at&t, I was hoping that it would have been fixed by now. i was just wondering if anyone had it working on their captivate, or knew of any fixes.

colin.mckean

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I had this same question too actually. I was helping a friend and trying to figure out why his contacts weren't syncing with google, and after messing around with it for awhile, I saw they were all in the "unassigned" group. How do you take them from unassigned to assigned? Is that even possible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12