Fixed my Turning off problem

grip24

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
My Captivate started turning off 3 to 5 times a day for the last 3 days or so and by luck I found out ppl were trying to call me at the same time the phone was off and they told me it would just ring...

Any ways this is what I did and it hasnt turn off any since.. Went to settings , call settings , all calls , answering call and in there my answering mode was off , so I turn it on and is been ok since.

Not sure if this is the same problem for everyone but it worked for me.

Good luck :)

peteski72

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I am really pissed off. My captivate has been dropping calls. I have call att and they did some sort of fix from their end. This worked for awhile. I didn't think it was the phone that is broken. Just some clitch in the operating system. (fixable by configuring or a setup tweak) so a second time it happened the same thing. Got another fix from them,but temporary. Now it's doing it again. I called and told that I can't get another just by exchangeing it. I can't afford to pay full price for a new one. I am hoping there is something I can do to fix this outside of purchasing a new phone. Or I am screwed! Any help out there?

Bears YZF

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
what does this setting do? i just received a replacement captivate via att warranty because of this.

Have you had any shut off issue with your replacement phone since you got it, and does the replacement phone look used.... i am waiting for my replacement also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2