Question about contacts

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to the Captivate, so pardon me if this is a noob question:

I went to the Google site to manage the contacts on my phone, and there are no contacts listed there. I have the phone set to auto-synch. Am I missing something?

Thanks

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Go to

Settings > Accounts and sync

Under "Manage accounts", select the address for your google account and make sure that Sync Contacts is checked.

Hope this helps,

AoN

Reactions: nickdeck

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
In case anyone else runs into this problem, there is a workaround, which I would have figured out sooner if I was smarter.

I went into Contacts and exported them to the SD card, then hooked the phone up to my computer. Transferred the file to the computer, then went to Google Contacts and imported them in from there.

The phone should be doing this automatically, but my synch log shows that it is failing to connect to Google on every attempt.

Hope that helps someone.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Aon, you might be right. I'm almost always using wifi, and it could be the firewall in my wireless router.

OK, so I turned off wifi and tried a manual sync. I think it might have worked (at least I didn't get a message that it failed). Now I can't find the sync log! I know it was there yesterday, but I can't remember how I found it...

silverdemon

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Aon, you might be right. I'm almost always using wifi, and it could be the firewall in my wireless router.

OK, so I turned off wifi and tried a manual sync. I think it might have worked (at least I didn't get a message that it failed). Now I can't find the sync log! I know it was there yesterday, but I can't remember how I found it...

to test it you can make a bogus contact on the phone and see if it transfers

Reactions: nickdeck

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Did that, turned off wifi and tried a manual sync. No luck, the bogus contact isn't listed at Google.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go back to the good old USB cord method.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO