Lock up in the most unusual way

BertMor

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got a Captivate last week and I am trying to figure it all out. d/l some app's like LaunchPro and SWM. But today it started lagging noticeably and did something quite unusual

When someone calls my phone, it doesn't ring and I can't swipe and answer. I locks up and then I get a dialog box telling me to force kill the phone. It also into standby 10 seconds after no activity, sometimes right in the middle of trying to navigate through some menu's (slowly)

Any insight? I haven't rooted the phone. I'm not even sure how to reset to original condition. Some one please help a poor technophobe.

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
You can do a factory reset and see if that fixes it. Or you can download OCLF from the Market and use that to root your phone. It includes a lagfix that will help with the lag, but probably will not fix the force close. You probably have an app that is causing problems.

Factory reset - settings > privacy > factory reset.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Does it do it all the time, or just that once? If you have been installing stuff, right around the time this started happening... I would start uninstalling apps based on that time period. The lag you describe is not the normal lag people mean, so the lagfix stuff is not the issue IMO.

If it crashed every time you wanted to make a call, yes you should return that and get it done. If it is random, start with recent new application installs :).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513