Noobie Needs Help With Calendars

pasco2215

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello...noobie droid user here that just came over from BB. So far I like the captivate with the exception, of course, of the gps issue. But I have another issue I am hoping someone can help me with. I am not able to assign a new calendar event/appointment to a specific calendar when I use my phone to do so...I am not able to view my list of calendars for that matter either. I sync my phone with a google calendar and my work calendar (microsoft outlook) and I don't have any syncing issues. However, when I want to create a new event/appointment from my phone it defaults to the 'my calendar' which is on the phone and does not sync to google/microsft (and i understand you cannot change the default calendar). If i try to manually change the event/appointment from 'my calendar' to google or microsft as soon as I push the button to do so I get the "Sorry! The process com.android.calendar has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again' and I have to force close. This happens every time and I have never been able to assign an event/appointment to a different calendar. This also occurs when i am in the calendar app and go to setting and then calendars...again, I have to force close ever time. I have rebooted/battery pull, etc and nothing seems to work. If anyone has any suggestions I would be extremely grateful.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Without have a captivate the only thing I can think of is clearing the data in your calendar by going to settings-applications-manage applications- then find your calendar app and hit clear data and clear cache. By doing this it will erase all calendar events so if you have some events that did not sync with Google they will be lost. After clearing sync your calendar and try to add a event and see if it works.

pasco2215

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Without have a captivate the only thing I can think of is clearing the data in your calendar by going to settings-applications-manage applications- then find your calendar app and hit clear data and clear cache. By doing this it will erase all calendar events so if you have some events that did not sync with Google they will be lost. After clearing sync your calendar and try to add a event and see if it works.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried clearing the data/cache as well and I still have to force close. If anyone has another ideas please let me know.

pasco2215

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I just found a solution in case anyone else runs into the same issue. I took the solution from joeybear23 who was having a problem with phantom calendars from an earlier post but it also worked for my issue. I removed my microsoft exchange account, re-added it and when I did I did not give it a nick name and that solved my problem.

Okay, I believe I have this figured out, so I'll let you guys know just in case somebody else runs into this issue:

If you are using an Exchange account and are synchronizing your calendar, make sure not to either give it a name or rename the account. By default the email app wants to call it "youremail@domain.com", and that is also what the calendar sync tool is looking for.
If you name it something at the and o fthe setup process (or afterwards) the calendar sync will still look for "youremail@domain.com" and will eventually create a new account that only shows in the account list for the calendar app. I do not know if this actually synchronizes the calendar twice or just shows a duplicate account, but I didn't like it.
The only way to drop the duplicate account is by removing the exchange account. Remember, when you re-add it, don't give it a name.