Contact Management with Captivate

Paralegal99

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I just bought my Captivate on Black Friday, based mainly on the recommendations and comments on this site and the podcast. I'm coming from a Iphone 3G and I'm OK with tech stuff. Also note I've done a search and can't find an answer to my question...which leads me to think that I am not doing something correctly but probably so simple that I am missing how to do it.

I have my contacts in my Gmail account. Initial sync put my contacts in the Captivate's Contact App. What is driving me bugnuts at this point is grouping. I can create and delete groups all day long....but how in the heck do I get my contacts from the Google group into the other groups that I have created? I want to be able to take my family and friends contacts that are in the Google group and put them into a group I created called F&F. I have used groups in Gmail Contacts...but everything is dumped into the Google group on the Captivate.

I have tried installing and using Kies to do this from Outlook 2010...that didn't work. I am so frustrated that such a small action to organize my contacts is proving to be a PITA. Apologies for being so long with this. Would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help with this problem.

prmstr

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
i feel your pain. i'm no expert on syncing, but if you haven't tried the "google sync" app/program, this might help. this was recommended by BlackBerry in order to sync/move contacts from a BlackBerry to a google account, and thereby to an android phone.

Paralegal99

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Google Sync

Last time I checked...google sync just sync's up the calendar. I might have a work around though. I downloaded an app called Contact Group Management. This enables me to create groups and then add my contacts whether they are a gmail contact or not. Still playing around with it and I think this might be the way to go. I just can't believe that there isn't a fast and easy way to import or sync up contacts and either organize them or have them organized as they are from the source, in this case Outlook.

Thanks for the reply though...its very much appreciated.

Paralegal99

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well either this was a stupid question or no one has an answer. I figured out a work around that I'll post here just in case there is someone like me that needs help with this. I downloaded an app called Contact Group Manager on the phone and then paid for and downloaded a program called "Gsyncit" on to my windows PC (Win 7). This will sync a lot of the information from Outlook to Google and visa versa. The nice thing is that I can keep my groupings (or folders) on Outlook and sync only the folders that I want to sync. To clarify...this will sync multiple contact folders in Outlook. Now I can organize my contacts on my phone the way that I need them to be. I hope this will help someone who is in a similar situation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7