droid x keyboard apk removal/install issue

futrftdoc12

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So I recently tried to install an apk on my captivate for the driod x keyboard. I realized after I installed the first apk (repackaged-signed.apk) it was for 2.1 Eclair OS and it just didn't work on my phone. I then tried to install the proper 2.2 Froyo compatible apk (LatinIME.apk) using AC Swim program on my computer and I get a failure saying the file already exists. I tried to remove the first apk through root explorer but can't seem to find the file (I installed the first apk through AC Swim program as well). Does anyone have any help or info for me on this? I got the LatinIME.apk file from this link...

(updated 10/16/10 with how to ) Droid X multitouch keyboard 2.2 addition themed - xda-developers

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I think this problem may be moot. I just tried flashing the Droid X keyboard using that link you provided, and it flashed fine in Clockwork but does not show up as a selectable keyboard in Settings. I think someone will need to specifically port this to the Galaxy S series or to your specific phone.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I think this problem may be moot. I just tried flashing the Droid X keyboard using that link you provided, and it flashed fine in Clockwork but does not show up as a selectable keyboard in Settings. I think someone will need to specifically port this to the Galaxy S series or to your specific phone.

This happened to me on my Fascinate with the Droid X keyboard. It randomly appeared as a selectable option a few days later...very strange...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781