For the love of God!!

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I went to the leaked froyo, rooted it, unrooted it, dowloaded so many things on my computer it is on it's last leg.

I can't figure out how to get rid of the 2.2 leak, I need help, I have the drivers and the "odin one click app" but I cannot figure out how to open and/or reflash to the original equipment it came with.

If you can help, please do! :(

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Understand that flashing back using the JF6 one click will not take you back to perfect AT&T stock. JF6 one click ROM cannot be updated using the AT&T over the air. You'll need to use KIES to do the update if you want to (I wouldn't suggest it- it removes USB tethering).

If that's okay, and you still want to proceed-

First read and understand the (somewhat vague) instructions given in the first post of this thread here:

[STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY - xda-developers

The one-click version I'm talking about is listed here also, under the following text (url won't work below because of the dots):
http://www.thevod.org/misc/captivate...l-OCD-REV0.rar

Make sure you have the correct drivers installed (linked in that post too).

First, back up everything you want to keep that is currently on the phone- pictures, music, ringtones etc. Move it to your PC or to the external SD card.

(Optional) If you want to start completely fresh, perform a master clear (erases everything). To do this,
0) Unplug phone from PC
1) start Odin
2) put phone into usb debug mode,
3) and plug in the phone USB cable. Odin should recognize the phone as connected (if not, check PC drivers).
4) Press "master clear". Leave the phone alone until you get "all threads completed" status message. It might reboot a couple of times.

To restore the phone to "stock" (actually, it's not perfectly stock, see first paragraph)

0) Unplug phone from PC
1) Start Odin (if necessary)
2) Boot phone into download mode (method below worked for me)

Method 3:(KEY COMBO)
Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
Insert the battery
Hold both Volume buttons
Plug in the USB cable and continue holding both Volume buttons

You should boot to a screen where you see a droid digging with a shovel.

If not, either try again (easy to slip with the keys), or try a different method from the xda post linked above.

3) Odin should have recognized the phone connection
4) Press "START"
5) Again - leave the phone alone until you get "all threads completed" status message. It might reboot a couple of times.
6) Hopefully you're up and running.
7) .... if you like, press the thanks button on the post, it makes me happy.

Hope this helps,

AoN

Last edited:

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank you sir, my problem is I cannot get Odin to open even after I have installed 2 "recomended" program. :(

What I am looking to acheive would be the 2.1 +update that at&t gaves us awhile ago.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Oh, okay- I misunderstood; no problem- let's start from scratch then.

Some questions (so we know from what point you're attempting to start), and please don't take any of these enquiries as an insult.

1) What OS are you using (and is it 32 or 64 bit)?

2) Where did you get your USB drivers to connect the phone to the PC?

3) Have you installed KIES?

4) Does KIES work?

5) Where did you get the version of ODIN that you're using?

6) When you start ODIN one click, what happens exactly?

For me, a window opens titled "Odin3Excution v1.00", big title bar below that "Odin3 One-Click Downloader", a bunch of empty boxes - 25 in total, including the big "Message" area, and two buttons titled "Start" & "Master Clear". This is normal start up with no phone plugged in.

This'll be the first step, more to follow.

AoN

Last edited:
Reactions: bdpyo

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Windows xp and i dl'd the drivers for both cause i was not sure.

I got the drivers from the xda site you linked.

I do not have kies.

I got odin from xda.

When i goto open odin it ask me to open it with another program and suggests the internet explorer on the computer...It suggested a few zip extractors which i downloaded and used to open odin and still wouldnt open it. :/

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok i will give that a try, now what about kies, I dont recall seeing anything about it when I was reading about going back to 2.1

and thank you, I have a severe case of adhd and its killing me when I come on the forums and try to figure his out. Lol

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded your program you suggested then went for 1897UCJF6-final-OCD-REVO again and it opened in notepad? Lol

Im stuck here forever! Lol

Sent from my toilet.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Wrar393.exe should have been an installer, which ought to have installed a packer/decompressor program onto your machine.

Right click on ODIN, select rename, and make sure it has .rar as the extension.

Then double click it, winrar ought to open the file.

AoN

Last edited:
Reactions: bdpyo

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
i did one master clear the usb way, did not work, i didnt close and reopen odin but now i did it holding both volume buttons

i know see the droid and shovel, odin says the mater clear was started and im 5 minutes in and nothing has changed....??

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
no i havent seen that yet

just the droid with the shovel and at the bottom it says"do not turn off target!!!"

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
when i tried the first time it said com3 and above that was a little box with a status bar which went pretty quick, and im talking about the odin app

this time it says com4 and i havent seen any progress in that bar and its been idk maybe 10 minutes...

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Did you press the start button after you got the phone into download?

-Im going to be offline for about 48 hours, you may want to wait, in case anything goes wrong.... Though there're many people here who will help.

Hope this helps,

AoN

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I did press start it completed.the cycle and said it was sucessful, after the reboot i still jad the 2.2 so i did it again but master clear in multiple.configurations and the farthest i got was where it told me master clear started and simply did nothing. :(

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I had some problems and my computer I had each program on is now busted.

I dropped the computer and broke the screen. :(

Can I do this on a Mac?

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
This is like a road trip from hell!! Lol

I should just spring for another computer because i'm due for one but then again work has been slow. :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
It went in the trash about 20 minutes later. Lol

Hopefully I can get it fixed before January, keep seeing posts here and there about at&t possibly giving us some kind of update. o_O

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae