Sammy's to get Gingerbread???

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Well after the debacle here with Froyo, it would be a nice gesture, but I will believe it when I see it.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I can only hope this is true, but I’m not holding my breath. If this does come to fruition, God only knows how long it’ll be held up by the carriers, though.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Common sense tells me it is true. However, black man X doesn't specify what galaxy S devices. We all know if the nexus 2 is a samsung galaxy series, then his tweet is right on, and the nexus 2 (sammy galaxy) will indeed have gingerbread before moto and HTC. I wish the sgs that is accross all carries got gingerbread first, but that would mean no pure google phone, and gingerbread would only be network flavored (ewe). You be the judge.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice and cool to brag to my Evo friends, that I have Gingerbread, but I just doubt that my captivate will see it.

cpk86

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It would be so cool if this really happened, but I'd hate to get my hopes up....

Sammy's been such a disappoint in the past. (then again, maybe they want to prove to everyone that they can do better! haha)

jpinks

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it but between ATT and Samsung I think it will be this time next year when (or if or ever) we see 2.3. By then Android 3.0 will be on all the new phones. I am begining to think that 2.2 Froyo stock is a fantasy. :mad:

Last edited:

chrisharmful

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Not to be a buzzkill but I think the only way the Captivate, or any of the other Galaxy S phones will get gingerbread is through a laked version that a developer gets his hands on and bakes up a rom around it. Between the few leakes for the Captivate, and the lead for the Epic that Sprint just told people not to install, we are pretty much on our own in terms of updates. Which sucks, cause I'm bored of the Froyo leaks already.

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
They better push the 2.3 update quick
though it would be easy to mod the nexus rom since its basically a galaxy

but if we dont get 2.2 before the new year expect the 2.3 to be almost ready and att just not wanting 2 huge updates in a little amount of time

Griffspen

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I just want my GPS to work, so whatever it will take. Froyo, Gingerbread, Snickerdoodle, C3PO.......I don't care as long as GPS works.

c0ldburn3r

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Caps will get Froyo no doubt about that but the real question is, will we see it this month on next? I gave up on the waiting game and went to the DG side and am running P8. GPS lock is AMAZING! I can now actually use my navigation without it telling me i'm on the wrong road. As for Ginger... probably but we don't even have an official push of Froyo yet. Epic's jus received their official OTA and Canada's launch is closing fast... Guess the USA is truely behind. :(

c0ldburn3r

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Well of course the US is behind, the beauty of it for these corporations is that the majority of their customers don't even realize they're behind, so they don't feel pressured to make any changes as long as their customers are satisfactorily mislead into thinking they're up to date.

Haha, so true! :confused: AT&T is still sucking the Apple core and hoping that they will keep the cash flow from that bandwagon. Next month Verizon gets the Iphone so that time is over. They need to embrace the droid os, More apps are being made for it. From what I know dev's rather build for droid. I mean come on, Frostwire and Crossloop now have droid apps... no crapple. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45