Phone Not Reading SIM card?

cdavidson

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I turned my phone off and pulled my battery today as I was thinking about buying an extra Samsung battery for my phone. Once I did that and turned my phone on it no long connects to ATT's network at all. I think the SIM card is not being initialized but I dont know what to do to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you slid the SiM out a little (or maybe a lot).

Obvious, but-

1) check that the sim is pushed all the way in.

2) If you did take the sim out for any reason, make sure you put it back in the right way around - the notch just above the G of Samsung on the battery.

Hope this helps, click on thanks if it did :)

AoN

Reactions: cdavidson

cdavidson

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
@anneoneamouse Everything was put back the correct way. I just checked and it is all back the correct way.

I tried to save a contact to my SIM card and it worked. But I still dont know why it wont connect to the network.

TheBronze

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Is it saying that it isn't reading the sim? Or is it just not connecting to the network? Also, the obvious, have you rebooted the unit with the sim in it?

Reactions: cdavidson

cdavidson

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
@TheBronze I have been booting the device with the sim in the phone. There is no message it just will not connect to the network. I now know that it can read the sim (I think) because I can save a contact to the sim card.

EDIT: Maybe the thread title should be "Phone Not Connecting to Network"

LiveYouVixen

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my phone. I don't know what the problem is. I called at&t, they told me they were sending me a new sim card, but I just tried my sim card in another phone and it connects, so it's not the sim card. It's the phone.

Amie Powell

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I let my friend put his sim card in too my fone so he can make a call and when i put my sim cars back in to my cellfone my fone couldnt read my card... plz help??

goofee83

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi. My phone got soaked in soda early Sunday morning. I dried it off, took out the battery SIM card and SSD card and put the phone in a bowl of rice. It is now Monday evening, and I put my phone back together. It is working but it is not reading my SIM card. Do I need to further dry out the phone or is it useless? Help, please!!:-[

Yousha Ahmed1

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
My phone is Samsung galaxy young it can't reading sim card when i down slidebar there is written Emergency calls only :'(

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 118

orooba

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
my phone is pantech sky vega secret note, IM-A890l. my roaming network's 4G LTE sim card is not working. it says roaming network is not available. and invalid USIM card. but the network providers say my phone settings are faulty and that sim card is registered and working. how can i change the settings so my phone reads this sim card?

Bizzyboy67

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
It may be as simple as sim card connections,... happens a lot with ZTE phones. take a look at this youtube vid and you may fnd it works for you. Cant post links yet but it is listed under youtube user TipsTricksTweeks and is titled ZTE Lever Sim Card Error Fix - Permanent... hopefully it will work for you.. it did for me and a couple of friends.