anyone willing to try this

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok so my Gf's phone repeats update successful everytime she reboots, we seem to have a solution from another forum. but i dont have her phone with me and she is afraid to do it.

so does anyone know what will happen if we clear the cache/data from the device manager.

or is anyone willing to try it and let me know

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All (may need to select this from the leftmost softkey) > Device Management

You should be able to clear cache / data.

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Nothing bad should happen. It would be like doing any sort of cache clearing. But I will give it a shot just for you, and I would like you to thank me for doing so haha.

Well I am going through my app settings and do not see anything called Device Management. Pressing the menu button in this area pulls up sort by size. Take a screen shot when you can to show me what you are talking about since I am unable to find exactly what you want cleared. Sorry for not helping just yet.

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Nothing bad should happen. It would be like doing any sort of cache clearing. But I will give it a shot just for you, and I would like you to thank me for doing so haha.

Well I am going through my app settings and do not see anything called Device Management. Pressing the menu button in this area pulls up sort by size. Take a screen shot when you can to show me what you are talking about since I am unable to find exactly what you want cleared. Sorry for not helping just yet.

No worrys its a fix from another forum. but thank you for trying

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I saw you ask about it in another thread. I want to help you, I just don't see exactly how you are meaning. Maybe since you said her phone isn't rooted take a picture of her screen, that might be easiest for me to help see what is going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles