Android 2.2 Rom For the Captivate

vailjo91#WP

Nov 10, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hey was wondering if anyone ever tried this 2.2 ROM before. Perception-Build-8-non-oc-uv I just flased it onto my phone. So far it is running amazingly and works great. So just wondering what everyone elses opinion is.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I like designgears' ROMS, and am still using an earlier Cognition build (beta 8.1), which seems to work better with Touchdown mail client than the later versions. Touchdown is optimized for OCLF, not voodoo, apparently.

For Perception, the lack of wired headset support in the earlier builds, and the lockups experienced by some people with the later builds has made me hold off upgrading.

That said- I'd advise people (who want to root, and flash ROMs) to experiment and work out which build work for themselves. Most of the devs at XDA at least post fairly good build/change logs, but
1) it's still worth reading through the threads before flashing the ROMS
2) however great a new ROM looks, it's worth waiting a day or so until you see what (other users find) the pros/cons are before flashing on your phone

Titanium backup is a good way to backup your apps, and ROM Manager is a good way to make a binary image of your phone. Note that both place the backups into the phone's internal storage- so you need to move them to a safe place (PC, or external SD) before installing a new ROM, or you will end up overwriting your backups (this from experience, several times).

Hope this helps, and if it does consider a click on "thanks", it makes me happy.

AoN.

Reactions: vailjo91#WP

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay