SD Card Class

the3dgm

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Can I ask a related question here? Can you add a 32-gig external card to the Captivate? That's what I understood when I bought the phone, but I've read elsewhere that a 16-gig card is all you can add. Which is it?

the3dgm

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
All of the Galaxy S phones support up to 32gb. I'm not sure where you heard otherwise, but it's incorrect.

Here is a video, near the end of it, where he says Galaxy S phones will hold a 32 gig card for a total of 48 gigabytes this is also what I was told at the Radio Shack when I picked up my phone. However, since I've found nothing at this site that has in anyway mislead me I'll take your advise and get a 16 gig card.

Thanks!

iPhone vs Galaxy S

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Here is a video, near the end of it, where he says Galaxy S phones will hold a 32 gig card for a total of 48 gigabytes this is also what I was told at the Radio Shack when I picked up my phone. However, since I've found nothing at this site that has in anyway mislead me I'll take your advise and get a 16 gig card.

Thanks!

iPhone vs Galaxy S

That's what Chris meant. The phone will take a 32GB card.

Reactions: the3dgm

the3dgm

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
OK, thank you young Sir! As to where I've seen that it will hold only up to a 16 gigabyte card. . .

Page 34 of the Captivate Owners Manual:

Important!: The Camera, Audio Postcard, Music Player, and Video
functionality is all dependant on a mounted SD card. Your device
can support SDHC cards up to 16GB capacity.

(Just to name one source)

Thanks again Chris, sorry I misread your post, and Cory! :) You guys and this site are the best!!! :D