Brand new Captivate, Wifi Issues

coryjac0b

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
When i am connected to my home router, Internet access will work for a minute, then tell me "Network error, please check your connection" and it has a retry and cancel button, retry just keeps displaying same thing, so i can't use it on my home wifi ATM, has this happened to anyone else if so what solution did you come up with or have?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When i am connected to my home router, Internet access will work for a minute, then tell me "Network error, please check your connection" and it has a retry and cancel button, retry just keeps displaying same thing, so i can't use it on my home wifi ATM, has this happened to anyone else if so what solution did you come up with or have?

Has it ever worked? have you tried connect to another network? 3G work? phone calls? when you say brand new, like you just got it from AT&T yesterday ?

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure you know what your doing but did you set the WAP or whatever the other security codes are. Is your MAC address from the router set.
Try a app called Wifi Analyzer it seems to be a good app.for checking connections.

panse00

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I had a same issue on my first captivate so exchanged with new one.
But the second one also had same issue. Returned it finally and changed to other phone. It is really great phone but became a useless phone when wifi issue was found.

Alfredo#AC

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
My Captivate would not connect with my home wifi. Other wifi worked fine. I updated the firmware on my old Linksys WRT54G router and have not had a problem since.

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
www.visual360photography.com
I have the same problem, and turning the device off and on again is the only way for it to work.

And this is frustrating because, it works, and all of a sudden it just wont work again, then I have to turn off my phone again. blah. I really like this phone, so hopefully there is a real fix.

I just found out that this is actually not a wifi problem per se, but seem like an internal phone thing. Not 100% sure, but when I run the speedtest app, it connects to the internet/server without any problem, yet I can't use the browser, and I can't go to the market, FB, etc. without having a network error.