All ringtones fade in?

Uncle Spellbinder

Dec 27, 2010
www.facebook.com
Samsung Captivate, AT&T, Android 2.1 -

All my ringtones (default as well as downloaded and made myself) fade it rather than starting at normal volume from the beginning. Is this default behavior? Can this behavior be changed.

Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry for the all-to-newbie question. ;)

Uncle Spellbinder

Dec 27, 2010
www.facebook.com
Appreciate the input, Kromen. It does bother me, though. Especially with voice ringtones. You end up missing the beginning. I just prefer full volume from the start. Hope I can find a way to fix this.

Oh well. Off to work for now......

myk26

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list of those that get irritated by this feature!

There are only a couple of things that I DON'T like about this phone...and this whole "fade-in" feature has made me miss more calls in 2 months then I EVER missed on my old phones!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you really wanted to get crazy you could edit the ringtone on your computer to start out loud and fade out to cancel the phone's fade in effect.

Uncle Spellbinder

Dec 27, 2010
www.facebook.com
That's actually one of the things I tried, editing the ringtone to be very loud at the beginning. No luck. Still the same behavior. Shame. Really irritating. After further research, I've found the same that fldude99 found. It's default behavior & cannot be modified. Really horrible idea. The only thing so far I completely dislike about this phone.

a1Will I Am

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
nobody has a way around this?? really? I get WHY they did it, but even rooted you cant change that preference by doodling with the right system folder? seems like there should be a way, I am not nearly familiar enough with the software but I think someone should put some time into this.

Last edited:

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
nobody has a way around this?? really? I get WHY they did it, but even rooted you cant change that preference by doodling with the right system folder? seems like there should a way, I am not nearly familiar enough with the software but I think someone should put some time into this.

EVERY cooked ROM I've tried has had the same lame fade-in on the ringtone. To me that says volumes about how hard it must be to change (or is a very very low priority of many/all Captivate devs).

myk26

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
K, if you can't go about fixxin it that way...

...how about someone let me in on how to let it ring longer before goin to Voice Mail. I'm using Google Voice, so I don't know if I need to ditch them (I will if that is what it takes) or if there is something that will get me where I need to be.

I can counter the fade-in by simply letting ring longer...if that's possible.

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
K, if you can't go about fixxin it that way...

...how about someone let me in on how to let it ring longer before goin to Voice Mail. I'm using Google Voice, so I don't know if I need to ditch them (I will if that is what it takes) or if there is something that will get me where I need to be.

I can counter the fade-in by simply letting ring longer...if that's possible.

From CapFAQ

Reactions: myk26

myk26

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Well...you may have just solved my problem with the fade in!

As it stands now, my delay to Voice Mail was set at 15...which seems like plenty of time to answer! But I set it to 30 in hopes that it would solve the issue.

Time will tell...

....although it's funny, I've had my phone ring for MAYBE 5 seconds after the fade-in, and I STILL miss and it goes to VM. So I'm a bit skeptical that this is the issue.

justflorin

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
more and more of the newer roms, well at least the GT-I9000 ones, have removed the fade in feature.

Im using, and LOVING, Doc's ROM ported by Borgusian over at xda, V7, and there is NO fade in, right from the get go its loud...also, using blue theme and blue market, ext4/noloops, on hardcores speedmod 500hz, just fyi ;)

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure I get the difference between 1.5 seconds of silence, as opposed to 1.5 seconds of low ring? I know I've fried a few brain cells in my time, but that one doesn't compute

Uncle Spellbinder

Dec 27, 2010
www.facebook.com
I'm not sure I get the difference between 1.5 seconds of silence, as opposed to 1.5 seconds of low ring?

I'm not sure, either. But I hate when a ringtone fades in. All I know is that when I make a ringtone that includes 1.5 seconds of silence in the mp3 file before the sound, there is no fading at all. It just starts from the beginning as it should (at full volume).

crunchyroll33

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Ringtone too large

I'm not sure, either. But I hate when a ringtone fades in. All I know is that when I make a ringtone that includes 1.5 seconds of silence in the mp3 file before the sound, there is no fading at all. It just starts from the beginning as it should (at full volume).

I have the same problem was well with my phone and to make matters worse, the fade-in is horrible because it basically has "hiccups" in the beginning going from low to loud then to low and then the normal volume kicks in.

I liked your suggestion. I tried doing this yesterday (creating a ringtone with silence in the beginning) and then uploading it to my phone. The problem I ran across was by putting extra time into the ringtone, the ringtone became too large of a file size to use as a ringtone. Do you have any suggestions to my problem? Thanks.

tintillo

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Never had the problem with 2.1, rooted and went to Froyo and now I Facing the fade-in situation. Worst, if I set it to driving mode, the announcement would come after two rings... kind of late I would think. I tried Ringo Pro, and did everything on the proper sequence for voice announcement, now I don't remember if it took the fade in away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO