Launcher Pro dock question

Cagey48

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Looking to put a new dock background in Launcher Pro, i downloaded the .png file to my sd card(no problem). Then i go into settings and pick "custom background" choose my file and go back to the home screen, the problem is the old dock and icons are still there (as you can see in the pic).
Can someone enlighten me on how to fix this. Thanks

KG

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Maybe either the size of your uploaded PNG is a problem, or you're picking the wrong background to change.

I tested this way- Left Soft Key > Preferences > Appearance > Dock Background > (selected custom)

This took me to a gallery view. I selected Camera, which then expanded the images in that folder (I think it's under DCIM on the internal SD), and picking one of those images dropped me back to the "appearance" menu.

Quitting out of the app with the 2nd soft key, I now see the dock background as a stretched-left/right, compressed-up/down, version of the image I selected.

Hope this helps, consider clicking Thanks, it makes me happy.

AoN.

Last edited:

Cagey48

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I do all that like you said and when i get back to the home screen it's like the old icons are superimposed over the new background (like in the photo i posted), still stuck..(edit) i can get the blank backgrounds to work fine, but the ones with the built in icons don't.

Last edited:

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I missed the attached pics.

The launcher pro dock has 5 icons in it, I'm not sure how to change that number.

Looks as though the doc image you want to use only has 3 icons.

I think what you want to do to is make individual images of the curved buttons and set each one as the associated icon for the function(s).

AoN

fadetoblack2104

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I missed the attached pics.

The launcher pro dock has 5 icons in it, I'm not sure how to change that number.

Looks as though the doc image you want to use only has 3 icons.

I think what you want to do to is make individual images of the curved buttons and set each one as the associated icon for the function(s).

AoN

An easy workaround would be to use transparent icons over the 3 buttons that are in your dock background.

Townie33

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
screen2.jpg
screen1.jpg

Having a problem getting the images along the bottom to be NON-Transparent. I am using Launcher Pro (simply to have Google). Even the LP widgets and icons I downloaded are transparent????

Also, not sure why, but my phone keeps jumping between launchers. (TW and LP) As soon as I make an adjustment in LP my home screen button takes me back to the other version.

LOL

Fixed problem #1 above !

Last edited: