Disabling / Removing Post Call Summary Screen

Dameon

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
How the heck do I disable the call summary screen that appears after disconnecting a call? It is eternally annoying for many reasons. Reason the first, it is a HUGE delay before I can make my next call (like if the last caller gave me a number and I'm trying to get to a dial screen before I forget it). Reason the second, if I press the right side sleep button while that screen is displayed, it wakes right back up in a couple seconds (presumably when the screen goes away), forcing me to push it a second time. Reason the third, it serves NO purpose. It shows me who I just talked to. Wow. I'm pretty sure I know who I was just talking to.

Don't tell me to root the phone. I've tried, twice. Failed, twice. Both times I got the "Galaxy S of death boot lock-up". I managed to install a basic recovery Linux console and set the phone back to default, thereby losing all my applications, settings, call history, etc.

Dameon

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow, no response in a month and a half? I'm shocked that no one else is annoyed by this "call summary screen". It's really freakin' annoying!

Dameon

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the standard AT&T distributed, unrooted, unhacked OS. You must not be.

In call progress...
Captivate-InCall.jpg

After I hit End Call... stays on for 3-5 seconds...
Captivate-Summary.jpg

As usual, I'm the only one with the problem. :roll:

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
It's funny how such small things can be overlooked on such a modifiable platform. My old Nokia (Symbian OS) had a simple on/off switch in the settings menu where the "after call summary" can be enabled/disabled.

I'm sure if there was large enough demand on XDA for such an option someone would incorporate it into their cooked ROM(s).

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
It's funny how such small things can be overlooked on such a modifiable platform. My old Nokia (Symbian OS) had a simple on/off switch in the settings menu where the "after call summary" can be enabled/disabled.

I'm sure if there was large enough demand on XDA for such an option someone would incorporate it into their cooked ROM(s).

Some of them modded an I9000 dialer to get rid of the video call button, so I'm sure it's possible. Just need a dev willing to put the time into that.

Dameon

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
That's the kind of input I was hoping for. There is/was a series of "development" codes...

Full Bat Popup
*#3844228#
This allows you to disable the full battery pop-up.

HwCodec
*#0002*28346#
Audio path volume controls. Most importantly, it looks like there's a sidetone adjustment.

Shutdown
*#7594#
This enables you to shut your phone off by long-pressing the power/lock key. No more pop-up confirmation.

etc. etc.

... but none of the dozens of listed "hacks" had anything to deal with the call summary screen.

Thanks to those who respond validly.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

I agree with ya about the small things. When I went from a 6 year old flip phone to my Captivate I was shocked I didnt have the options in the contact menu to record voice call actions that would work with my bluetooth headset. And that even with android 2.2 this feature is still lacking. I have tried the voice activated dialing in Froyo 2.2 and it sux. Give me the option to record my own voice commands for dialing contacts so that way I dont have to talk like a robot.

Dameon

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind... due to an AT&T software update, my phone was bricked, and I mean hard bricked. No boot loader, no indication of life whatsoever. I took it to the AT&T "Tech Center" and they couldn't diag boot it either. The replacement phone has 2.2 and they fixed the problem. When the call summary screen is being displayed, and you hit the right side power button, the screen blanks and does NOT turn back on when the call summary screen clears.

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Here is my dialer, during-call and post-call screens (respectively) w/Serendipity 6.2 REDROM (JS7 2.2.1)-

snap20110325_180619.png

snap20110325_180001.png

snap20110325_180006.png

After seeing this thread re-emerge I thought a little more and realized that, yes, hitting Back/Home/tapping the power button are all a quick fix...I still haven't seen a ROM or modified phone apk that would go straight to the home (or previous) screen when disconnecting a phone call.

ropopkorn

May 29, 2012
Visit site
that last screen with send sms or add to contacts annoys the hack out of me on may samsung galaxy ... and it seems really stupid too ... why would i want to call somebody that i just finished talking to ... or sand a sms for that matter ... it really can not be disabled ???

Sadimo2711

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
How the heck do I disable the call summary screen that appears after disconnecting a call? It is eternally annoying for many reasons. Reason the first, it is a HUGE delay before I can make my next call (like if the last caller gave me a number and I'm trying to get to a dial screen before I forget it). Reason the second, if I press the right side sleep button while that screen is displayed, it wakes right back up in a couple seconds (presumably when the screen goes away), forcing me to push it a second time. Reason the third, it serves NO purpose. It shows me who I just talked to. Wow. I'm pretty sure I know who I was just talking to.

Don't tell me to root the phone. I've tried, twice. Failed, twice. Both times I got the "Galaxy S of death boot lock-up". I managed to install a basic recovery Linux console and set the phone back to default, thereby losing all my applications, settings, call history, etc.

Hello there

Did you find a way out of this disturbing feature as it really annoys me...

Rahul Preet

Dec 7, 2021
Visit site
i have solution for this ...go to your default messing app ....to go to notification settings of of this app...now find the general notification settings and turn off this option