Downgrade 2.2 to 2.1 please help

Alienolas

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I recently upgraded to 2.2 but what i didnt know was that it was at&t, now all my apps are gone to at&t and its really annoying cause i cant sign up for anything cause its all in us like zipcodes, so if someone could help me out and show me how to downgrade because i found the rogers 2.2 ugrade but it wont let me do it unless i have 2.1 obviously . Anyone?? plz

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I think this is the one you want-

[STOCK ROM] [ODIN & CWM] i896 Rogers Captivate Official 2.2 - xda-developers

This is the stock Rogers 2.2 release, or so the title says. I did not read the post.

Be careful flashing ROMs if this issue actually bothers you... almost all the custom ROMs at XDA are converted to be US Centric (for Captivates at least). If it is the ATT software that is bugging you, load a custom ROM instead of a stock one... but the link above should be stock 2,2 for Rogers.

Alienolas

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I think this is the one you want-

[STOCK ROM] [ODIN & CWM] i896 Rogers Captivate Official 2.2 - xda-developers

This is the stock Rogers 2.2 release, or so the title says. I did not read the post.

Be careful flashing ROMs if this issue actually bothers you... almost all the custom ROMs at XDA are converted to be US Centric (for Captivates at least). If it is the ATT software that is bugging you, load a custom ROM instead of a stock one... but the link above should be stock 2,2 for Rogers.

Do i have to downgrade back to 2.1 to use it because It doesnt let me do it in kies

Alienolas

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I dont understand the whole kernel/rom/ all of that other stuff concept its abit complicated for someone like me whos never had an android before

Bears YZF

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
i'm hesitant to upgrade to the 2.2 ( froyo ) with all the problems i'm hearing about, is it worth upgrading to ?

not to savvy with Mini Kies either, is that the only way to upgrade? i got the text from AT&T about the upgrade but i dont believe it is OTA and with my luck i know i'll screw it up.