Phone shuts off as soon as it is taken off the charger

LiquidAppo

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Well this sucks. Picked up my Captivate yesterday and noticed that it refused to turn on. Put it on the charger and managed to coax it into doing so. However, as soon as I took it off the charger, off it went. The phone will not stay on or turn on unless it is charging. The problem started on Assonance 5.2 but I flashed back to stock and it persists. I'm not sure what to do, this seems like a hardware issue. If I took it back to AT&T, would I be able to get a new device without them realizing that at one point the phone had been running a custom ROM?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I think that's just a hardware thing, otherwise they would have to create updates for every build number. Just bring it in and show them what's wrong. As long as it isn't obvious you've done something, there shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

crogers313

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
My phone keeps shutting off. Its says that it has no battery life but it does also it only comes on when the charger is plugged in. But it says it fully charged. I don't know what to do? But as soon as I take it off it shuts off

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2