Cant send Pictures?

marcusbainus

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Whenever i try and send a picture it just loads and wont send, ive tried using the stock app, handcent, chomp and nothing works, any suggestions? Ive also tried cropping pictures to make them smaller but nothing works.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you have data network turned off? How is your signal? I've had issues trying to get pictures to send when I have bad signal.

geeky_jason

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem. I was getting message not sent error or it would just say sending for hours.

The problem seems to be the auto resizing the phone does. Changing the camera settings to 640 x 480 ended the problem for me.

datastar

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Picture size error in messaging

Having the same issue when trying to send a picture via messaging taken with camera which I though was isolated to the camera. Also downloaded pictures from the Internet & couldn't send. Getting error failed to send message. I can send via email and don't want to reduce image quality to be able to message a picture. The camera take decent pics and I don,t have to bring my digital camera with me all the time to capture those priceless moments. The phone used to reduce size very well before the FROYO update.

Dirt Mcgirt

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
^^ Word the above. I was going to go in and change the camera settings, but I couldnt even send pics off the browser. This wasnt an issue before Foryo and I still havent found a decent answer. What gives????

Dirt Mcgirt

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Umm, so tech support had me delete all my old messaging threads and re-enter the mobile number. When I re-enter the number it now shows 123-456-7890. Before it showed (123)456-7890. I sent a test pic and it went through.

So now the question is that the phone numbers pull from my Outlook contacts and it automatically puts in the () when you enter a phone number. So I have to go back and manually change each one?!?! WTF!

the3dgm

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I use Outlook Express and the numbers come in as they were entered xxx-xxx-xxxx. I can't speak for Outlook as I never really used it.

the3dgm

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
The corporate email app is probably set to call land lines by default, hence the brackets, and it's from 2003. Will it even let you change the style numbers are entered?

Dirt Mcgirt

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, the only workaround for Outlook is to format your phone numbers as 1-area code-phn-numbr. I guess it's not too bad since the only numbers I have to edit are mobile numbers (since those are the ones that get text and pics).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800