1. Jayblodg's Avatar
    I've been battling this problem ever since I got my AT&T Captivate. I have had trouble getting internet access over the wireless connection at my work. I have had this challenge with two different routers. One was a Linksys, and the current one is an Apple Router. I can connect to the Wifi, but I don't get internet access. I have an app on my phone called "Ping" and I can ping my Windows 7 desktop, but no Internet. When I was on Android 2.1 I could boot to recovery, clear the cache and it would work until I left the office for anything. I could have it working, leave for lunch, come back and it would not be working again. I have 2.2 on my Captivate now and it doesn't work at all. Other people in my office have no problem with connecting to the Wifi, whether it be iPhones, Blackberries, or laptops. It seems to only be affecting Android phones. Mine is not the only one with the problem.

    Another piece of information that might be interesting is that on my laptop I had a dual boot of Ubuntu and Windows 7 x64. When booted into Windows, the internet worked fine, but when logged into Ubuntu, I couldn't get internet, whether it was Wifi or hard wired in. I know this forum is for Android, and that is all I'm really trying to figure out. I just figured this might mean something to the smart Linux people out there because from I understand, Android is based on the Linux kernel, and my other challenge might mean something.

    Here is some info about the router right now: The Apple router is an N router with 2.4 and 5 GHz, no MAC filter, WPA/WPA2 Personal Security, using DHCP, and it is in "Bridge Mode". I'm not sure what bridge mode is all about.

    I was thinking my problem might be cause by a firewall, but I'm not sure.

    I use my phone on Wifi at my house and it works perfectly.

    Thank you in advance!
    03-19-2011 02:26 PM
  2. LowellN's Avatar
    I have the same issue. I can access all network devices but no internet "IP CONFIG" app on phone shows correct IP address from DHCP, DNS and Subnet. This does not only affect all Android devices but blackberry also. I have reset the wireless router and setup from scratch made no difference also I have them running the latest firmware. I have two of the identical routers and both have the same issue, all Laptops work fine.

    Also I noticed on my router the date and time are incorrect, is this on your router also? You can see my post on my router's brand's forum @ FVG318 - Multiple issues - NETGEAR Forums
    03-22-2011 02:24 PM
  3. Jayblodg's Avatar
    It should be on the correct time. I just looked at the settings but all it says is to automatically get the correct time from time.apple.com. Maybe at the end of the work day I'll try unchecking that box and seeing if that helps anything. Maybe I can find another router lying around and I could just try one in my office and see what that does. Thank you for your suggestion.
    03-22-2011 03:18 PM
  4. Jayblodg's Avatar
    In a crazy turn of events, my phone all of a sudden works on the Wifi at my office. We had some strange internet outages and one of our IT guys thought it was a firewall/router and another IT guy looked into it, and I tried my phone on th Wifi and it worked. It even worked today when I came back in to the office. I asked the IT guy who looked at the firewall and he told me he didn't make any changes so I don't really have an answer, but I know it works. I'll keep my eye on it though.
    03-24-2011 12:08 PM