Multiple malfunctions

nguvu357

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I've had this phone since Friday, it is now Sunday. In that short time frame I have seen more malfunctions than I care to remember. I've gotten no response from some apps, crashes to the home screen on others, and force close messages on others. I have tried to restart the phone, but it seems like once an app is forced closed, I have to delete and re-download it to work.

The email app is horrible, as I've already read. The first one that I tried to use (whose name I can't remember) wouldn't pull my hotmail account. Then I downloaded K9 mail and it worked great, but stopped displaying messages and notifications after about 8 hours. I tried profimail, but it would not sync to my yahoo account. I have 4 email accounts that I need to manage and just want something to work properly. PUSH would be nice, but I'll settle for something that is reliable. I re-downloaded K9 and it seems to be doing ok now.

The browser is weak and I downloaded Skyfire. It's ok. I'm not very impressed. The iphone browser isn't great, but it does work. Video play is not a problem. One other thing that is very annoying that I cannot figure out. When I am in a browser and at the bottom of a long page, is there any way to jump back to the top of the page? Former iphone users will know what I'm talking about. You can just touch the top of the screen and the web page will fly to the top. Do you guys have recommendations for a good browser?

I like the daily breifing widget, but it doesn't update. Nor do any of the weather apps that I have seen. I travel on the road quite a bit and I would like to see current conditions. Even if they are only updated a couple of times a day. I just don't want to see yesterdays weather report. That's just ******ed.

I don't know if I need a software update or not. The phone is currently running Firmware version 2.1 and has the ECLAIR build. Hopefully this information helps. I tried to check for software updates, but it just gets stuck when it says "checking for updates".

I really want to like this phone and I do not want to go back to an iphone. But the lack of reliability is killing me. I need applications and programs to work the way that they are supposed to. I am very frustrated but I am willing to attempt to fix the issues if you guys can help me out.

Thanks

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a task killer?

Did you get the phone from AT&T/any type of store? There is an update to 2.2 out, but the program used to update it is utter crap. If you got it from a store, it should already have 2.2 on it at this point.

nguvu357

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I got it from AT&T but it was sent via fedex. Can they update the software in the store? Will that help with some of these issues?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I got it from AT&T but it was sent via fedex. Can they update the software in the store? Will that help with some of these issues?

I'm not sure, but if you're having that many issues, I'd take it in and see if they can just replace it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463