My cappy loses service all the time. If I hold it a wrong way or if I'm in a certain spot. It mainly happens when my phone switches from 3g to edge. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    04-27-2011 03:28 PM
    haven't had any problems. could have to do with the area your in. The antennae is in the bottom part of the phone so don't wrap your hand around it with a death grip. Also if you have a case on it, taking the case off will increase service on occasion.
    04-28-2011 07:33 AM
    ever since the offical update to 2.2 my reception has suffered a lot in terms of text messaging and internet. It will take a few seconds now for texts to send and I do have them fail to send from time to time now too.
    04-30-2011 07:04 PM
    Some modems (driver for your antenna kinda) work better (or worse) in certain geographic areas. If you look in your MENU-ABOUT PHONE, what is listed under broadband version?
    04-30-2011 09:24 PM
    Hey Stew1411 - where are you? I have horrible coverage in Stillwater (3G) and Cushing (Edge). Can't keep a call alive driving between them. Lately, been having trouble sending texts in Stw. Yesterday, texting was failing in OKC. ATT, more bars anywhere. Right.
    05-01-2011 02:41 PM
    I am using KB1. Chickmag11, I am in Ardmore, OK area, which is a 3G city all over. But certain areas of the city service sucks. But also in certain places of the city, I can get a 3MB song to download in about 10 seconds (usually when I'm closer to I-35). As for OKC, I went to Norman a few weeks back, and service, texting, internet was all full bars, and super fast.
    05-01-2011 03:32 PM
    Yesterday I woke up to find that my stock Captivate had no data connection. I switched airplane mode on and off, rebooted, etc. and still couldn't get it back. Good thing I woke up before my alarm so I had time to Odin One-Click it. The rest of the day was me dealing with not being rooted and such until I got home and flashed Cognition 4.3.1. So far it's working well, but I'm rather pissed at what happened. Did the modem driver get magically deleted? Next time I'm going HTC because this device has been a bit of a headache, beautiful screen notwithstanding.
    05-04-2011 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD