debugging won't stay on

atlasdc

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you ahead of time for any help or suggestions. I have rooted my Captivate running on stock Froyo 2.2. The phone was working great after some terrific help until I loaded BusyBox & Titanium Backup. Now I can't get "USB Debugging" to stay on when I plug the USB cable back into the phone. It pops up the USB settings screen & disables the "USB Debugging" mode. My USB cable is plugged directly into the motherboard also. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Weird. I would remove one of those apps and test, and if the problem is still there, remove the other and check again. I would also try changing the other USB settings back and forth (usb storage to kies and back for example) to see if that would change it up. Try rebooting between making the setting change and trying to plug the cable in.

If all else fails, you can try a factory reset. There is annoyance bundled with a reset, so I would do that last. It does however seem to come up a lot with stock froyo upgraded phones, needing a reset that is.

Reactions: atlasdc

atlasdc

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Removed both apps and rebooted wothout any change. I might have to unroot the phone and start from scratch. Not my first choice if there is another option.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, you COULD, and I only mention it since you are already rooted, but you could flash a custom ROM instead of starting from scratch.

Reactions: atlasdc

atlasdc

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, i'll look into it. Any suggestion on custtom rom's? Is there anyone in the Sacramento area that is a Captivate wizard?

Last edited: