Update for Sideloding: Anyone got it yet?

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I just installed some app that lets me sideload. It was less than $2 Well worth it IMO. You install it, give it root access, and once again you are done with ATT's BS.

It's called like "Non-market Apss Enabler" or something. I'd rather just pay the money and just be done with it. If you're contacting ATT customer service, (especially more than once) why bother wasting so much time and effort?

I think the point here is their trying to achieve their goal without rooting.

If your going to root, skip the $2 app and just throw a custom rom on there and have full access to do whatever you want. :D

MDPuckett84

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a weird issue just show up. I got the update not long after it was announced and installed the amazon app store with no problems.

Yesterday I decided to let my friend borrow my phone since he's thinking of leaving the iPhone. I did a factory reset, and now it seems the update has vanished. When I try to install the Amazon App store it gives an error about not installing due to security reasons.

All I did was the reset found under the Privacy menu. I'm not sure why that would erase the update too.

a_lil_bit_psycho6

May 28, 2011
Visit site
i finally got tired of trying to get the update so i started looking around and i think the reason my update failed has something to do with the version of 2.2 i had because when i went to at&t and they swapped my phone with my warranty the new phone came with kb1 on it and when i called and had the update pushed it was almost instantly there with no problems at all and my other captivate had ji6 on it like my boyfriend and sisters and they couldn't get the update either.. so my problem is resolved finally.. im so glad i won't have to talk to att again..

antonum

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the update but not the option to turn it off /on...I am not rooted and running 2.2..I can install apps from the Amazon market with no problem..

jdmss1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I got it today, just went to At&T and went on Live Chat Tech Support and asked them to push the update for 3rd Party Apps. They confirmed my account and pushed the update

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've decided to wait for gingerbread rather than try to have it pushed to my phone now. With the two leaked versions of gingerbread out there - I am assuming we are close to getting it and assume it will contain sideloading.

hdman#AC

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I also called AT&T this morning. The chat rep was very helpful and after a couple of restarts the Amazon app store installed no problem.

quick49

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
On June 30, 2011 my AT&T Samsung Captivate with Froyo 2.2 magically allowed Amazon Appstore app to be loaded without the usual message that for security purposes it could not be loaded because it was not from the Android Market. After loading the Amazon Appstore app, I am now able to view apps on the Amazon Appstore and to load applications from it onto my Samsung Captivate. My Firmware Version is 2.2, Baseband version is I897UCKB1, Kernel version is 2.6.32.9, and Build is FROYO.UCKB1. These do not appear to have changed from previous times that I had attempted to load the Amazon Appstore app.:)

Last edited:

justinrodriguez59

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Live in california, still havent gotten the update. Called att 3 times, went into two different att stores and ill jist say this-if its not an iphone than they dont know jack about it and cant help for sh**!!

realfnken

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
i got the update last week on both mine and my wifes captivates after being tired of waiting. I did online chat with at&t rep and got update pushed to both in 10 minutes. Very easy! You can see update when you get it while getting it but wont know if not looking at your phone when you get it. Also the menus for non market apps wont change. You have to try to install an apk and if it works then the update went through.

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Just got the sideloading pushed to my phone. I went to take it off the charger and it was off and would not start. I just opened it and pulled the battery and then restarted - and tried to see if the Amazon market would load. Sure enough there it popped up without me having to call ATT.

Gingerbread next right.