captivate is running EXTREMELY slow

marcusbainus

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
my phone used to run fairly well but now it constantly freezes and takes a long time to load almost all of my apps. especially any text messaging apps i download. even the stock messaging app runs very slow. i always used handscent and now it freezes and is very laggy and force closes alot. when i go to return to the homescreen it has to load all my icons and is agonizingly slow. aswell as the GPS is very slow and rarely works.
if anyone can help me get it to run faster it would be much apreciated as im getting very frustrated with my phone

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like an app is hanging in the backround.
Try a hard reset, making sure to back up only personal info and not apps.
Or before that try an app called SystemPanel Lite. With that you can see processor speed and usage as well as what apps are using it. Perhaps you can identify the app and remove it. If its an app and not just the phone in general.

chaplain

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
For the GPS issue, I would recommend GPS Aids V.2, available for free on the Market. A "donate" version is also available, if you find that the free version is helpful to you. I get a GPS lock inside my house within 30 seconds or so. It is only for Galaxy S phones, BTW.

Last edited:

altrikdout21

May 15, 2011
Visit site
In case it's still slow, uninstall a recent application, or do a factory reset like the others said. I like to remove my battery and sim for a few minutes from time to time, which resets my connection to AT&T.