Trouble receiving Pictures and group texts

hellrod87

Feb 17, 2011
disrupt.fm
So I am running CM7 on my Captivate and use Handcent for my text messaging. This problem has been happening as long as I can remember but I am finally fed up with it. Whenever I receive a picture message, I get a little button that says "Download" and upon pressing the button, it looks like it is working but nothing ever happens. If the sender sends the picture again, it sometimes works on the second try.

If I receive a group text, the same "Download" button appears, but with a smaller file size (1 kb vs 32 kb for the pictures). Pressing download for the group texts looks to start a download process, but after a few seconds an error pops up that says "Download of (no subject) from (Sender's name) was unsuccessful at this time. Try again later".

Has anyone else seen this? I'm thinking it may be an issue with Handcent and not CM7 since it occured way before I flashed CM7. Is there a setting or something that I am missing?

Thanks for your help everyone.

hellrod87

Feb 17, 2011
disrupt.fm
Adding some more info:

I had friends on various carriers and with various phones all send me picture messages. They all showed up without any issue except the ones from people on iPhones (both ATT and Verizon).

Anybody?

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues with not being able to text pictures. (and my last name is not Weiner )
Not sure why as I can receive them. I get a "a server issue ' message