AT&T: pre-order page up!!!!

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Check your order status...or is it just me? Re: AT&T: pre-order page up!!!!

ummm, this is apparently my order when I check back on the 'Order Status Detail' page of my account on AT&T Wireless.

Needless to say, I have to call them tommorrow, as customer service is closed and the options to check any details of your orders was non-existent. Great.

The order # is correct. It was cropped on purpose, shipment status was 'processing', and the date said the order was on the 26th. Obviously, there is also the 'Replacement Micro-SIM' addition.

Interesting, because I printed out a hard copy of my order on the 25th at 12:18 PM(EDT). Everything there was correct. I was looking for an update to my shipping, to denote who the delivery company would be, and perhaps any other details. One reply mentioned they saw Fed-Ex on their pre-order page, I did not see any on the print out/when I had pre-ordered it.

WTF copy.jpg

CORRECTION: ignore this...user error!

Last edited:

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Check your order status...or is it just me? Re: AT&T: pre-order page up!!!!

Update: I also received an order confrimation email (that was detailed like my receipt) on the 25th and another email on the 26th that said it had begun processing (with little detail). I called AT&T today and had the cs person tell me what she saw in the system. She confirmed it was the one item (note2) and the change in service from iPhone data to LTE plan.

Sounds OK. But I will check back later this week, anyway.

CORRECTION: ignore this too...user error!

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Update: I also received an order confrimation email (that was detailed like my receipt) on the 25th and another email on the 26th that said it had begun processing (with little detail). I called AT&T today and had the cs person tell me what she saw in the system. She confirmed it was the one item (note2) and the change in service from iPhone data to LTE plan.

The Model number shown is the Galaxy Note 2. The SIM shown here was the same for my SGSIII that I preordered. It seems like they call the micro SIM the Apple or ipad SIM since they were the first to use it. You will have a Micro SIM ship with your phone.

BTW, my pre order shows the same.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

The Model number shown is the Galaxy Note 2. The SIM shown here was the same for my SGSIII that I pre-ordered. It seems like they call the micro SIM the Apple or ipad SIM since they were the first to use it. You will have a Micro SIM ship with your phone.

BTW, my pre order shows the same.

Yes, thanks, that's right. Sorry for my confusion here.

I was about to edit my posts after finding out that WAS the Note2 model number. One of many floating around, which confused me. ATT has one, Verizon has another, etc and I was thinking about the N7100, etc --some international models that I have been reading about in lue of the US release.

Once I realized that, the SIM item kinda made sense. But, it did help to confuse me at first (as did those default flip-phone pics!). I have never pre-ordered/ordered a phone from AT&T online before. I got the iPhone 3GS from an Apple Store who only had AT&T as a carrier for it at the time, of course.

Being overly-attentive here, to avoid any delivery problems...after all, I've had my small screen, 3GS (which was great at the time, in 2009) and I do not dare put iOS6 on it (with 256MB of RAM)! It will become my first iPod/dedicated iTunes portable music player, after I get the Note 2. Now to find some good migration tools and learn the ropes of backup/restore without iTunes controlling everything.

My friend has the Sprint version, and I've messed around on that over the past couple of days at the office...so, I guess that has fueled my obsession further ;)

Last edited:

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

CORRECTION: ignore this too...user error!
Oh poor, dponte! You were afraid they were mistakenly sending you a.....flip phone! I'll never forget when I got a flip phone; it was the same day McKinley was assassinated. Hah! Barump bump.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Confusing for a moment, until the same pic was next to the SIM item as well. Interestingly enough, I just checked again and there was no 'missing image'/default flip-phone pic anymore! Good.

q222

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a no commitment note 2 to upgrade my iphone 4s. I had a really hard time to place the order online, a lot of calls been made to att, finally it's done. The confirmation letter shows the Unite price is$694.99. Extended Price $694.99. And my credit card was charged $756.85. I don't quite understand. isn't the no commitment price listed is 649.99?

q222

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

You mean the data plan of iphone is different from LTE,? I just assume that I can just use the iphone sim card in my note 2. Am I wrong?

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

You mean the data plan of iphone is different from LTE,? I just assume that I can just use the iphone sim card in my note 2. Am I wrong?

Their is an 'iPhone data plan' and an 'LTE data plan' for the unlimited plans. I had come from the iPhone unlimited. There is ALSO an iPhone unlimited w/200 msg plan (for text messages) and a LTE one that has the 'w/200 msg' as well. So, be sure to make the correct choice online when you order the Note 2 and do the service order, coming from an iPhone plan.

It's weird, but you just have to be careful to not mess up your current deal. Unlimited is cheaper, for me (grandfathered in). Whether or not it's unlimited...is another thread! ;)

I don't know all the details about the SIM card from the iPhone (I have a 3GS)...however...

First of all...the iPhone5 uses a nano-SIM, so that won't work unless you shave it down (as someone did for a iPhone 4/4S and used it for their 5. BUT, I assume you are coming from an iPhone that is not a 5.

In that case, it has been rumored that the SIM card cannot be removed/accessed on the Note2 US models anyway. Odd, since I see the N7100 (international model) HAS access to the SIM card, and talks about how to remove it in detail.

I haven't had a chance to open up my friends Sprint phone, to check it out one more time (using the N7100 diagram, this time).

Has anyone verified their SIM card access yet on US models?

q222

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

thanks to dponte .
I just talked to an att supervisor, she helped to correct the price issue. Actually when you had someone to help you put the order through the phone, $45 will be charged. Pretty funny, I got $45 credit for my next bill. hope they can ship the note on time. After I receive the note, i will try to insert my iphone 4s micro sim card into it and see if it works.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm, pre-order for the Note2 is only online. Or WAS only online...has that changed? I could not order over the phone with the CS rep from AT&T.

Also, there was the 35$ 'upgrade fee' that myself and others mentioned in previous posts...you can get that waived. But, not sure what the 45$ thing was about...maybe you meant the same but wrote 45 instead of 35?

Still have to open my friends Sprint Note 2 again and double-check....but, the Sprint manual does NOT have ANY info about the SIM card! As Hummingbird says, I checked the T-Mobile guide too, they DO have info about removing the SIM. This is very interesting, as the SIM and SD card in the diagram seem off, compared to what I saw on my friends Sprint Note 2 model...very confused right now!

I kept hearing that the SIM was not removable on these US models...can we get a verdict for the Sprint and T-Mobile ones, anyone?

An aside...the Sprint User Guide said it supported microSD cards up to 64GB. The T-Mobile User Guide said it only supported up to '48GB' ...HUH??? I don't think I read that wrong.

Wonder what AT&T will say about the SD card...better be 64GB!! :)

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
An aside...the Sprint User Guide said it supported microSD cards up to 64GB. The T-Mobile User Guide said it only supported up to '48GB' ...HUH??? I don't think I read that wrong.

Wonder what AT&T will say about the SD card...better be 64GB!! :)

Do they even make 48gb? The SGSIII supports 64gb, class 10 card I have...
Sure the Note 2 does as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

q222

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I get everything ready for the Note 2 now, I got the cases, screen protector, SD card. And someone is waiting for my iphone 4s now.:D

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hummingbird is correct...I double checked, and yes, it's confusing. It makes me think they updated this, since I looked before. I would assume the max is 64GB in extra storage (as is the case for what other models have), but what they say is conflicting...or they are just confused (FAT32 doesn't require THAT much metadata/indexing! :)).

I checked the website again...and their 'info' page on the Samsung Note 2 has this blurb too, saying 48GB:

16 GB Built-in Memory Plus MicroSD Slot
Plenty of room to store your photos, videos, movies, and more—expandable up to 48 GB with a MicroSD card.

Also, they have a Q&A section tab for the phone too with anonymous people answering questions...one about the storage capacity and some say 64GB and some say 48GB like this guy: Nope, 48 GB is correct, global specs stated 64, this model only has 48GB then, there is this guy, who had the 'best answer' 2 GB internal Ram... up to 64 GB additional SD card storage, not limited to 48 GB

Here is the support page with the pdf links and T-Mobile reps own help/how-to tips. The how-to section the SD card applies to does not mention SD card size limits/requirements...oddly:
Support: Device hardware: Samsung Galaxy Note II

Even more confounding, in the PDF, the diagrams show new pics of the SIM card and SD placement...where Sprint phones do not have SIM card removal in their manual and I can't see how to do it on that model my friend has. I have AT&T and wont have the phone until next week (maybe the 7th, if I'm lucky). The models are THAT different? Hmm. Possible.
Support: Topic: Samsung Galaxy Note II

Installing the microSD Memory Card
Your device supports an optional (external) microSD™
memory cards for storage of media such as music, pictures,
video and other files. The SD card is designed for use with
this mobile device and other devices.
Note: microSD memory cards include capacities of up to 2GB.
microSDHC™ memory card types can range from 4GB
to up to 32GB. microSDXC™ memory card types can
include capacities greater than 32GB.
Note: This device supports a memory card of up to a 64GB.

page 28: • Expandable memory slot - supports up to 64GB microSD card

page 76: Your device lets you use a microSD card (also referred to as a
memory card) to expand available memory space. This
secure digital card enables you to exchange images, music,
and data between SD-compatible devices. This section
addresses the features and options of your device’s SD
functionality. The device has a USB SD card mode.
• microSD card storage: up to 2GB in size
• SDHC card storage: up to 32GB in size
• SDXC card storage: greater than 32GB in size

So, looks like it SHOULD be 64GB on T-Mobile's Note 2 model. Good thing I have AT&T...this would annoy the crap out of me...but anyone with a T-Mobile Note 2 here should be able to clarify this for us.

Rsinart

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I have been an iphone user since the start. The iphone 5 just didn't cut it this year and I am headed over to Android. Hope I made a good decision. Pre Ordered mine tonight.

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Well I have been an iphone user since the start. The iphone 5 just didn't cut it this year and I am headed over to Android. Hope I made a good decision. Pre Ordered mine tonight.

You have made a good choice. Let us know how u feel once u have the device

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Rsinart

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I will if I even get it. My At&t status says "Attention" been on the phone this morning, and yesterday with premier and I can't get anywhere with them. Not sure what the issue is but they keep telling me everyday to wait another 48 hours. My iphone right now needs a new 30 pin connector, and have been without a phone for a week now. If they don't fix the issue and assure me its shipping by Friday I may need to just grab the iphone 5 or something else. I work off my phone a lot, and not having one is killing me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon