Some Sprint folks talking about this.

This has me wonderingagain, seems like it will be ok as long as you are on 4G LTEon Sprint/Verizon. But, not 3G...for Sprint (which, like AT&T, uses a GSM backbone). We already know that VZW cannot do this on their 3G CDMA.

However, not sure about AT&Tmaybe it will support it, maybe notbut at least on 4G LTE, it seems like this will be the case, and maybe the HSPA+ fallbackNOT SURE on 3G at this point.

Again...we are talking cellular only...not using wifi. This comes in handy while on the road, trust me. Used it a lot with my old iPhone 3GS.

Any cell experts know or asked AT&T? Or will we have to wait until we get it?
    10-26-2012 12:38 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. Could not find anything on the at&t site.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums
    10-26-2012 03:27 PM
    Actually AT&T is slowing phasing out simultaneous voice and data. My friend and I have tested this now since the beginning of the year. Basically, they throttle EVERYONE'S speeds while on a call. My download speed was 0.01-0.50 mbps during a call and upload always failed. I've tested it out in many locations and on different phones.

ITS FALSE ADVERTISING!!! CHECK THIS OUT!!!

AT&T Secretly Throttling their Smartphone Customers (Video) | The Smartphone Champ
    10-26-2012 04:04 PM
    Can't say for sure, but my last three phones on ATT have been able to do both voice and data at the same time (iPHone 4, Galaxy S2, Note 1). The Note was the only phone that used the LTE network. I thought Sprint used CDMA for their 3G connection and GSM for LTE which would be why they can't do both voice and data at once on 3G. I never tried to check data speeds while talking. Ordered my Note 2 on ATT last night. Cant wait!
    10-26-2012 04:31 PM
    LTE is data only. On AT&T's LTE network you can talk and surf at the same time on HSPA+. There is no voice over LTE yet. When you make a phone call on your ATT LTE phone the icon switches to 4G instead of 4G LTE and remains there until about 30 or so seconds after you hang up and then 4G LTE comes back for data. You can actually do a speed test for your areas HSPA+ speed in that time frame right before it goes back to LTE you you wanted to know what the difference of the speeds of the LTE and HSPA+ networks are in your area.
    10-26-2012 04:41 PM
    Actually AT&T is slowing phasing out simultaneous voice and data. My friend and I have tested this now since the beginning of the year. Basically, they throttle EVERYONE'S speeds while on a call. My download speed was 0.01-0.50 mbps during a call and upload always failed. I've tested it out in many locations and on different phones.

ITS FALSE ADVERTISING!!! CHECK THIS OUT!!!

AT&T Secretly Throttling their Smartphone Customers (Video) | The Smartphone Champ
    Interesting. Not just AT&T, perhaps either. If that is the case, I'd rather them use 3G for data while simultaneously on a call.

Can't say for sure, but my last three phones on ATT have been able to do both voice and data at the same time (iPHone 4, Galaxy S2, Note 1). The Note was the only phone that used the LTE network. I thought Sprint used CDMA for their 3G connection and GSM for LTE which would be why they can't do both voice and data at once on 3G. I never tried to check data speeds while talking. Ordered my Note 2 on ATT last night. Cant wait!
    OK, that is interesting about Sprint using essentially the same scheme as Verizon (3G CDMA). Someone I know who has a Sprint Note 2 was wondering about that.

LTE is data only. On AT&T's LTE network you can talk and surf at the same time on HSPA+. There is no voice over LTE yet. When you make a phone call on your ATT LTE phone the icon switches to 4G instead of 4G LTE and remains there until about 30 or so seconds after you hang up and then 4G LTE comes back for data. You can actually do a speed test for your areas HSPA+ speed in that time frame right before it goes back to LTE you you wanted to know what the difference of the speeds of the LTE and HSPA+ networks are in your area.
    Thanks, some good points. I'll definitely try the speed test app in different scenarios. It would be interesting if a bunch of folks tested this on their respective networks/carriers and posted the results.
    10-27-2012 12:09 AM
    I can tell AT&T throttles you while you are on a phone call.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    10-27-2012 02:22 PM
    If you mean by moving your data to HSPA+ while on a phone call then ok they throttle you. If they did not move the data stream, you would not be able to do voice and data since having both over LTE is not yet possible. So to allow talk and data simultaneously, they move the data to the same band as voice which is HSPA+.
    10-27-2012 03:26 PM