First time noob almost got the note today

lex2lo

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, this will be my first droid experience with the note 2, with that being said I walk into an authorized att store today as they are getting they're note 2 shipment. Not knowing that I ask if they had the note 2 yet so I can play with it for a lil bit to start getting used to it. The kid tells me they just arrived and I can buy one if I want too, I almost started doing back flips in the store so I played it cool and was like umm ok. So he's like let me just unbox them. So he gives me one to start playing with and 10 minutes goes by and he comes back and says I can actually sell it to you untill tomorow at 10 am when we open. So I leave there reall upset, I then proceed to call all the authorized retailers not corporate stores because the corporate stores have to wait until launch date nov 9. I have called over a dozen stores of wich only 2 have received them but must wait until the 9th. So I than call the original store that told me to wait untill tomorow to confirm he can sell it tomorow and he put me on hold and comes back only to confirm he can, so my question is how does it work that he is able to sell it early, not that I am complaining but I still have a gut feeling something will change when I get there in the morning, anyways I will be on these forums a lot look forward to talking to you guys
Peter

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
my question is how does it work that he is able to sell it early, not that I am complaining but I still have a gut feeling something will change when I get there in the morning, anyways I will be on these forums a lot look forward to talking to you guys
Peter

Yo, carrier stores are unpredictable. You entered the store at a very cool time! Please let us know tomorrow what happens; we'll surely be awaiting your news, one way or the other . . .

lex2lo

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Dude just calls me, he tells asks me if I'm coming tomorow I said yes, he's like well for me to make commission u have to keep a data package on the new line your opening for at least 6 months so the 9.99 for the line he quoted me was incorrect, than he's like and if you pay cash for the phone ill throw in a case and car charger, I reminded him that I had 3-100 dollar att gift cards and he's like oh ok nevermind we have to pay fees on those so cant throw in the extras. So should I just go ahead and do the deal and not wait until Friday or wait till Friday, also why are these retail stores like used car salesman vs the corporate store? What should I do!!????

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Difficult decision you must make. I become very suspicious about too much weird dealmaking. I believe I'd probably wait till Friday. But, bottomline: This is YOUR choice :)

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Call tomorrow again, maybe someone else will answer like the manager -would be a better start ;)

I don't think you'll be able to get it...but, what the hell, if you have time to kill and don't mind disappointment otherwise. I do not think the stores would get them until the 9th, as the first day they were supposedly shipping was the 6th. So, that may be the confusion...they ship on the 6th, not sell on the 6th. But, who knows.

Reps are not trustworthy, I've noticed they aren't told much and this guy was also talking accessories and commission, so hmmm...

For example, Sprint rep told me they weren't getting the phones in on the 25th (it was the 24th and I was checking out ones T-Mobile just got at the mall)...yet, they did get them in...albeit not many that first day, as my friend barely got one! AT&T rep at a store told me he didn't know when they were coming, after it had been announced for sometime it would be the 9th...so, again, hard to trust some people.

lex2lo

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok called att loss retention dept, I explain my situation and threaten to switch to tmobile, the best I can get out of them was they'll wave that activation fee and also cancel the data package for that line so it only costse 10 bucks

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No I was there when they arrived today and actually held it when he inboxed it

I personally wouldn't do business with someone that talked about their damn commission! He cares more about himself than you! He makes a wage as Well. Talk to a manager, gripe about what all happened and maybe they will knock something off for the inconvenience of being teased by playing with it before it was ready to be sold. US cellular has them ready to sell.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I know I know but I just want to get it and get out of there I don't wanna wait until friday

Good things come to those Who wait. I wanna trying to get it when we add a line, give my S3 to my hubby n his phone to our son. But that may be a while. We r hurting financially rt now..I'll be glad when this work como crap with the hubby is over n we have a settlement.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

losmorob

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok called att loss retention dept, I explain my situation and threaten to switch to tmobile, the best I can get out of them was they'll wave that activation fee and also cancel the data package for that line so it only costse 10 bucks

It's just some kid talking out his *** so he can get the commission. He probably got in trouble, maybe even fired. Understandable why he's doing it, but it sounds real hinkey, I'd take a deep breath and wait a couple more days so there's no fooling around with purchasing something so cool that were here talking about it.

lex2lo

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Long long story after holding it and playing with it and even had my sim in it
I have to wait for Friday, but not because he couldn't sell it but because my frickin gift cards can only be used at a corporate store, so after a long talk with retention department they have made good for all of it so I will be at a store on friday

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane