01-04-2014 08:43 AM
97 1234
tools
    Guess what gang?
    My FoxFi is working now.
    I'm not sure what happened but I think I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and then rebooted the phone and its working, at least for now.
    HOLLY +++! It is! HEY YO! I searched FoxFi in the PlayStore, and saw the FoxFi Add On. I'm not sure what its for, but it has a link for us AT&T and Sprint customers (who they took it away from) a link how to get it. The link is FoxFi Installer

So, if I use FoxFi, whats the Add On app? Should I use it since AT&T doesnt want us to use this? Thanks!
    acmorris likes this.
    11-12-2012 12:23 AM
    Yes, it does seem to work. I downloaded the latest version directly from Foxfi FoxFi Installer (1.91.3). The Google play store lists their version of Foxfi as 1.91 so I am not sure if they are identical. I say seems to work because I am running an ATT microcell (which uses my internet connection to make a mini 3G cell tower). I turned the wifi off on my phone to make sure I was only getting data from the microcell. Then I enabled Foxfi. I used my HP Touchpad to connect to the hotspot from my phone and BOOM, I'm surfing. I'll give it a try when I am running directly off ATT towers tomorrow.

I see Foxfi has a add-on now that may help mask data use. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hmaS5hZGRvbiJd

EDIT: beat me to it. According to the description of the add-on, it does this
    This version of FoxFi AddOn implements
    1. Notifications of WiFi client connections.
    2. A Web Proxy server on the phone that can be used to hide tether usage.
    3. Debug log sending.

Of course the description of the main Foxfi app still says it doesn't work with Jellybean, but it sure seems to.
    acmorris likes this.
    11-12-2012 12:51 AM
    Yes, it does seem to work. I downloaded the latest version directly from Foxfi FoxFi Installer (1.91.3). The Google play store lists their version of Foxfi as 1.91 so I am not sure if they are identical. I say seems to work because I am running an ATT microcell (which uses my internet connection to make a mini 3G cell tower). I turned the wifi off on my phone to make sure I was only getting data from the microcell. Then I enabled Foxfi. I used my HP Touchpad to connect to the hotspot from my phone and BOOM, I'm surfing. I'll give it a try when I am running directly off ATT towers tomorrow.

I see Foxfi has a add-on now that may help mask data use. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hmaS5hZGRvbiJd

EDIT: beat me to it. According to the description of the add-on, it does this
    This version of FoxFi AddOn implements
    1. Notifications of WiFi client connections.
    2. A Web Proxy server on the phone that can be used to hide tether usage.
    3. Debug log sending.

Of course the description of the main Foxfi app still says it doesn't work with Jellybean, but it sure seems to.
    So what exactly does that mean? I'm a little confused with my public school education Have you aded the Add On? Do you recommend it for us AT&T users?
    11-12-2012 09:47 AM
    I am on Sprint and it does not work.

Sending from my White Sexy Galaxy Note 2.
    11-12-2012 10:37 AM
    I have AT&T and it works for me. I also downloaded the add on. So far so good!
    ska916jedi likes this.
    11-12-2012 10:50 AM
    Can you explain how you did it? Also I did download the add-on.

11-12-2012 11:04 AM
    Cool. How do you set up the add on?
    11-12-2012 11:54 AM
    I just went to this link and downloaded the app and installed it. FoxFi Installer Then follow the directions in this thread. The add on is in the Play store. I ahve tried it a bunch of time and it works well. I tried it outside of work (where I have wifi anyway) at lunch and connected my wifes phone to it and she was able to surf!
    11-12-2012 12:39 PM
    Yep, it works!
    11-12-2012 10:15 PM
    Hey gents, is it safe to say that it does not work on sprint? I was looking into getting a Samsung Galaxy note 2, but if that's the case I will prob get the s3.
    11-13-2012 11:04 AM
    I have the note 2 for At&t and the first thing I did was download pdanet and it directed me to foxfi....I downloaded it and wifi was working great.I woke up today and now its not working. When I click to activate it a message pops up and says wifi is not working with 4.1 and above....which is puzzling because I had 4.1.1 since I got the phone. Is anyone else experiencing this???
    11-13-2012 06:04 PM
    Hey gents, is it safe to say that it does not work on sprint? I was looking into getting a Samsung Galaxy note 2, but if that's the case I will prob get the s3.
    I have Sprint and foxfi does not work on the Samsung galaxy s3 or the note 2.

11-13-2012 06:14 PM
    Wtf? ! Its not working anynore it worked for a day and a half.
    11-13-2012 06:33 PM
    Same here. No longer working and it gives the message about not working with 4.1. I updated a bunch of apps yesterday. I wonder if one of them caused this problem. Foxfi is showing the same rev as the one I downloaded a few days ago.
    11-13-2012 07:22 PM
    Yea mine isnt working, had it since the phone came out on the 9th....at&T BLOCKED it?? Anyone know comparable apps??
    11-13-2012 07:34 PM
    I tried Wifi Hotspot & USB Tether Lite by SVTP. Wifi Hotspot & USB Tether Lite SVTP Although it gives an error message after turning on the hotspot, it does work. This lite version is only good for two days and the full version is $15. I use a hotspot maybe three times a year, but for those few times I am really glad to have the feature. On previous phones, I was rooted and often running a custom ROM that had the hotspot feature built-in. I might be willing to pay $15, but I think I'll see what happens with Foxfi in the future. Since it worked yesterday, seems like we should be able to get it going again.
    ska916jedi likes this.
    11-14-2012 01:20 AM
    Like most of you, my WiFI was working yesterday on FoxFi. Unfortunately that is not the case to day. However my Bluetooth tethering is working like a champ.
    11-14-2012 06:25 AM
    Its back! Strange stuff. Yesterday I cleared Foxfi data, uninstalled, and then rebooted my phone. I reinstalled the app (the one straight from Foxfi). Still no love. Then today I ran it and it worked..... several times in a row. How does the same version of the app give a not compatible message with 4.1 one day and not the next?
    ska916jedi likes this.
    11-14-2012 06:55 PM
    Its back! Strange stuff. Yesterday I cleared Foxfi data, uninstalled, and then rebooted my phone. I reinstalled the app (the one straight from Foxfi). Still no love. Then today I ran it and it worked..... several times in a row. How does the same version of the app give a not compatible message with 4.1 one day and not the next?
    I noticed that too this afternoon. Very weird.
    11-14-2012 09:05 PM
    You may helped a lot people with this post if your post catches on that everyone may use this other places as well. I can say this for now this does work another phone/carrier (& no not sprint)!!!

***edit on my part, Well sort of works!!!
    11-15-2012 06:58 AM
    HOLLY +++! It is! HEY YO! I searched FoxFi in the PlayStore, and saw the FoxFi Add On. I'm not sure what its for, but it has a link for us AT&T and Sprint customers (who they took it away from) a link how to get it. The link is FoxFi Installer

So, if I use FoxFi, whats the Add On app? Should I use it since AT&T doesnt want us to use this? Thanks!
    I was referencing your post there. There are some issues using this on my S3 & JellyBean. I need to continue to find the necessary steps to getting it working properly?
    11-15-2012 07:01 AM
    I went in just now and started FoxFi and it worked perfectly. And, I verified that I was able to get my wifi tablet to connect to the Internet.
    11-15-2012 11:57 AM
    I went in just now and started FoxFi and it worked perfectly. And, I verified that I was able to get my wifi tablet to connect to the Internet.
    Are you also using the Add On app?
    11-15-2012 05:10 PM
    Sprint user on jellybean with samsung galaxy note 2 , foxfi DOESN'T WORK is there a way to get around this? I have even installed add on for foxfi. I get error messages stating: unable to connect to data services turning off hotspot. Ur plan may not have data service contact for service provider & the other popup: error#67 registration failed. Your data username/password may be incorrect please try again. Canyone help or provide a hotspot download link for sprint? Thanks in advance...
    11-16-2012 04:51 AM
    Hey did u find another app like foxfi. I am on sprint sg note 2 as well
    11-16-2012 06:30 AM
97 1234