01-04-2014 08:43 AM
97 ... 234
tools
    It works with At&t without the proxy, but you're going to get busted by AT&T doing that. Without being NAT'd or a proxy, the service provider can see all DNS queries from which ever device is attached. They can see your device as soon as it connects on their network.
    I wonder if it matters if you are connecting a tablet to your phone or a pc to your phone? If they see a PC as the device, they would know you are tethering. But what if it is an iPad? Would they still register you as tethering because the device is not a Note II? Now what if you have 2 Note II and only 1 has unlimited data. Could you tether one Note II to another without using the proxy?
    12-23-2012 02:53 PM
    All network devices have their own unique hardware network identifier. AT&T chargers additional $$ for each device tethered to your device, so yes, regardless of it being a tablet or another phone, they can tell if it is querying their data network. Now in your case where you have two Note 2's with two data plans, I'm not sure how they would treat that. If they are monitoring via the IEMI number then the data downloaded may just be applied to the original device, but don't quote me on that. This is just my own thought process. I have no idea how they would treat two devices on their network tethering to another.

If you have a host proxy configured, the host proxy handles all queries for all devices pointing to it.
    12-26-2012 05:37 PM
    If you have a host proxy configured, the host proxy handles all queries for all devices pointing to it.
    I got the proxy addon but it seems to be only for web browser? My son doesn't use web browser on his iPad, only games and netflix. Most of the games require internet access to connect to the game hosts.
    12-26-2012 08:51 PM
    Good morning all...
    i was using foxfi perfectly on tmobile with sgs2 and for xmas i got the sgnote2 and nothing i cannot conntect my ipad to it at all....HELP! anyone tethering on tmobile these days?
    i spoke emailed foxfi and they advised that when tmobile blocks you, you should turn on flight mode and then off again. it does seem to clear the block, however my ipad does not see my network...anyone? any suggestions?
    thank you
    12-27-2012 10:56 AM
    Its working ok on my Samsung Note 2.
    12-28-2012 08:30 PM
    Flight mode u mean airplane mode? Of so that didn't work for me. My network shows up but won't connect. Any suggestions.

Ds Note 2 - Rooted
    12-29-2012 09:26 AM
    I used the free version on my at&t note 2 last night and today for a while and it worked flawlessly. I'm thinking of buying the paid version, but in the play store reviews alot of people are saying after they get the paid version it isn't working anymore. Anyone know about this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    12-29-2012 02:11 PM
    How did you get them to work together I have a S3 and a Galaxy note 10.1 and can't get the s3 to share the hotspot what app are you using ?
    12-29-2012 02:15 PM
    How did you get them to work together I have a S3 and a Galaxy note 10.1 and can't get the s3 to share the hotspot what app are you using ?
    Foxfi, downloaded from the website. I used it to tether my laptop, ipad, and used it to connect my wife printer to my ipad. Worked perfectly. I really want to get the paid version but lots of reviews say it doesn't work after buying it.

12-29-2012 02:40 PM
    Foxfi, downloaded from the website. I used it to tether my laptop, ipad, and used it to connect my wife printer to my ipad. Worked perfectly. I really want to get the paid version but lots of reviews say it doesn't work after buying it.

Are you using the add on app?
    12-29-2012 02:55 PM
    I downloaded it, but I can get the proxy settings it says to use to work with my ipad. So I don't have it enabled. I haven't tried tried to use the add on with my laptop yet.

12-29-2012 03:59 PM
    I downloaded it, but I can get the proxy settings it says to use to work with my ipad. So I don't have it enabled. I haven't tried tried to use the add on with my laptop yet.

I couldn't get the proxy to work with my iPad Mini either. No proxy works. Proxy instruction said to use 0.0.0.0 port 8000, but when I enabled manual proxy on the iPad, it doesn't work. Well I am just trying it out and doesn't really need it. My iPad Mini has 250mb per month, so maybe it would be enough.
    12-30-2012 12:12 PM
    Thing that scares me is someone above said AT&T busted them the other day. I used to use MYWI on my jailbroken iPhone and never got busted. Anyone using Foxfi without the add on please report when you get your next bill from AT&T and let us know if you got any tethering charges. Please.
    12-31-2012 01:38 AM
    Thing that scares me is someone above said AT&T busted them the other day. I used to use MYWI on my jailbroken iPhone and never got busted. Anyone using Foxfi without the add on please report when you get your next bill from AT&T and let us know if you got any tethering charges. Please.
    Well so far I have about 40 minutes of Netflix watching on iPad and no warning email from AT&T yet. I could be wrong, but I think they first would send a warning email and if you still kept on tethering, then they would switch you over to the 5GB tethering plan from your unlimited plan.
    sk8ordie72 likes this.
    12-31-2012 12:05 PM
    Well so far I have about 40 minutes of Netflix watching on iPad and no warning email from AT&T yet. I could be wrong, but I think they first would send a warning email and if you still kept on tethering, then they would switch you over to the 5GB tethering plan from your unlimited plan.
    Thanks Lostchild. I guess I'll try light usage fir awhile and see what happens. You aren't using the add on correct? Thanks
    12-31-2012 07:51 PM
    Thanks Lostchild. I guess I'll try light usage fir awhile and see what happens. You aren't using the add on correct? Thanks
    I have the addon but when I enable proxy, my ipad cannot connects. I follow the instruction to set proxy to 0.0.0.0 port 8000, but when I did that it said something about bad proxy server. I decided not to use it and see what happens. I read that AT&T don't really check "everyone". Just the people who suddenly went way up in data usage. I am only tethering my iPad once in a while. So it would not be noticeable in my amount of data usage. Will see what happen in a month or 2.
    sk8ordie72 and wildmangk like this.
    12-31-2012 09:23 PM
    I have the addon but when I enable proxy, my ipad cannot connects. I follow the instruction to set proxy to 0.0.0.0 port 8000, but when I did that it said something about bad proxy server. I decided not to use it and see what happens. I read that AT&T don't really check "everyone". Just the people who suddenly went way up in data usage. I am only tethering my iPad once in a while. So it would not be noticeable in my amount of data usage. Will see what happen in a month or 2.
    Thats what happened to me and I haven't usedit since I stopped using proxy. Good info, thank you an have a Happy New Year. Ron
    12-31-2012 09:28 PM
    Kinda weird but last night I could get my ipad to print off my hp wifi printer with Foxfi but today I couldn't get my printer to hook up to Foxfi. Wtf? Oh well. I'm just using this while I'm waiting for a new router. But strange how it work flawlessly last night and not today.

NOTErized!
    12-31-2012 11:42 PM
    Foxfi is working great on my AT&T Note 2 but every time I turn it on a get a prompt saying "fixfi is now a part of PDA NET +" and it asks me if I want to download PDA NET+. Does anybody know the differences between foxfi & the PDA NET+ it wants me to download, what would be the benefits?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    ska916jedi likes this.
    03-01-2013 08:04 AM
    Foxfi is working great on my AT&T Note 2 but every time I turn it on a get a prompt saying "fixfi is now a part of PDA NET +" and it asks me if I want to download PDA NET+. Does anybody know the differences between foxfi & the PDA NET+ it wants me to download, what would be the benefits?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    FoxFi is working fine on my Note 2 on Verizon.

The hot spot seems to be more stable if stated in PDANet+ .. I have used it with mild data usage (under or around 10gB/mouth) with out any extra charges on my bill. The notification for the mobile hot spot does come up but seeing as how it is not activated on my account, if I were to tap it, it would direct me to pay. When I check the Data Usage on my phone it registers the amount of data pulled though by PDANet and the is another marked Tethering, but it is never over 350mB.

all in all .. 2 months of usage with no extra charge on my Verizon bill. Also wifi seems to be more stable when used through PDANet+ so it is worth downloading.
    03-11-2013 09:16 AM
    Ive been using FoxFi with out the add on on my GN2 and I havent gotten any charges or any warnings from ATT. Ive been doing it for the last 2-3 months now. Granted I use it seldomly, but none the less ATT hasn't said anything...knock on wood
    03-13-2013 02:22 PM
    Don't keep your fingers crossed. AT&T use computers to monitor things that they want to monitor whether a little or alot.
    If you don't see anything, it may have some legal consequences somewhere like you could use it on 4.1.2
    01-04-2014 08:43 AM
97 ... 234