Foxfi working on the Note 2?

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried Wifi Hotspot & USB Tether Lite by SVTP. Wifi Hotspot & USB Tether Lite SVTP Although it gives an error message after turning on the hotspot, it does work. This lite version is only good for two days and the full version is $15. I use a hotspot maybe three times a year, but for those few times I am really glad to have the feature. On previous phones, I was rooted and often running a custom ROM that had the hotspot feature built-in. I might be willing to pay $15, but I think I'll see what happens with Foxfi in the future. Since it worked yesterday, seems like we should be able to get it going again.

gzbsds

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Like most of you, my WiFI was working yesterday on FoxFi. Unfortunately that is not the case to day. However my Bluetooth tethering is working like a champ.

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Its back! Strange stuff. Yesterday I cleared Foxfi data, uninstalled, and then rebooted my phone. I reinstalled the app (the one straight from Foxfi). Still no love. Then today I ran it and it worked..... several times in a row. How does the same version of the app give a not compatible message with 4.1 one day and not the next?

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Its back! Strange stuff. Yesterday I cleared Foxfi data, uninstalled, and then rebooted my phone. I reinstalled the app (the one straight from Foxfi). Still no love. Then today I ran it and it worked..... several times in a row. How does the same version of the app give a not compatible message with 4.1 one day and not the next?

I noticed that too this afternoon. Very weird.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You may helped a lot people with this post if your post catches on that everyone may use this other places as well. I can say this for now this does work another phone/carrier (& no not sprint)!!!

***edit on my part, Well sort of works!!!

Last edited:

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
HOLLY +++! It is! HEY YO! I searched FoxFi in the PlayStore, and saw the FoxFi Add On. I'm not sure what its for, but it has a link for us AT&T and Sprint customers (who they took it away from) a link how to get it. The link is FoxFi Installer

So, if I use FoxFi, whats the Add On app? Should I use it since AT&T doesnt want us to use this? Thanks!

I was referencing your post there. There are some issues using this on my S3 & JellyBean. I need to continue to find the necessary steps to getting it working properly?

Last edited:

gzbsds

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I went in just now and started FoxFi and it worked perfectly. And, I verified that I was able to get my wifi tablet to connect to the Internet.

Ds Note 2 Sprint

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Sprint user on jellybean with samsung galaxy note 2 , foxfi DOESN'T WORK is there a way to get around this? I have even installed add on for foxfi. I get error messages stating: unable to connect to data services turning off hotspot. Ur plan may not have data service contact for service provider & the other popup: error#67 registration failed. Your data username/password may be incorrect please try again. Canyone help or provide a hotspot download link for sprint? Thanks in advance...

Rednaz05

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Won't have my Note II for a couple more weeks but heard foxfi is now working on the Note II, can anybody confirm this to be true?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Ds Note 2 Sprint

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Not for me I reinstalled it today :( Plus I have paid for the upgrade of foxfi on my samsung epic 4g phone so I can use netflix on my roku streaming player, foxfi works on the epic with no problem.

Ds Note 2 * Sprint user on jellybean version 4.1.1 *

Ds Note 2 Sprint

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes paid and using add-on doesn't work with sprint still. Using samsung galaxy note 2 version 4.1.1

Ds Note 2 * Sprint user on jellybean version 4.1.1 *