Overwhelmed New Android User

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Noob Q's, was able to find one of the last ones in Sacramento.
1) How do I sync my iPhone contacts to this phone?
2) I had an Atrix for 29 days. How do I get the paid Apps I once had? It only shows my free ones in Play. Weird.
3) How do I get the clicks to stop when I type?
4) Is the Micro SD card suppose to be easy to pop out? It's like it doesn't even want to stay in. It shows it's connected but worried my phone shakes in my pocket or something, will it come out?
That's all for now lol Thanks

1. Try exporting from iPhone and importing in to Android or Google contacts, and sync through there. Personally, I use Memotoo: synchronize all you want and store your data in secure Cloud to sync all my contacts and calendars between devices, Windows, Google, etc.
  2. If you setup your phone with the same Google account you used on your Atrix, they should all be there in the list of purchased apps.
  3. Keyboard settings
  4. The Micro SD card should click and stay in with a push, and then with another push click and pop-out. That's fairly standard. If it's being detected, then you did insert it in the right way up, so that's good. But if it's trying to pop-out, maybe you didn't push it in enough until it clicked in.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
A few more Q's:
I got Flash Player installed and it works on YouTube and the Flash test page, but not on South Park studios page. Not cool. Any ideas?

Visual voice mail. How do I get it? Not liking the press 7 to delete BS.

How do I get roms / games for my emulators?

That's all I can think of for now. Thank you!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
A few more Q's:
I got Flash Player installed and it works on YouTube and the Flash test page, but not on South Park studios page. Not cool. Any ideas?

Visual voice mail. How do I get it? Not liking the press 7 to delete BS.

How do I get roms / games for my emulators?

That's all I can think of for now. Thank you!

VVM is an app in the play market. If it says incompatible just search XDA for the APK and install it and then it will update in the market to the newest version. You must have this provisioned on you account by att.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
VVM is an app inP the play market. If it says incompatible just search XDA for the APK and install it and then it will update in the market to the newest version. You must have this provisioned on you account by att.

Thanks, but its still nothing like the iPhones. I also still cant get SP Studios site to play an eoisode.

Rsinart

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I am a long time iPhone user, and got the Note 2. Now I ran into my first issue with the phone today. I am an artist and send alot of pictures back and forth between clients. Today I received 3 emails each with a text and picture attached. Now on my iphone, that picture would just be a square I could touch to enlarge, then save ect. It worked awesome, was fast and I used it all the time. Now on the Note 2, when I receive a text with picture, it plays a video of some sort with the picture? No way to enlarge, or move it from the text box? Might sound stupid, but this is a big feature I used on iphone, and need to know if there is a fix. People are sending me photos, not movies.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I am a long time iPhone user, and got the Note 2. Now I ran into my first issue with the phone today. I am an artist and send alot of pictures back and forth between clients. Today I received 3 emails each with a text and picture attached. Now on my iphone, that picture would just be a square I could touch to enlarge, then save ect. It worked awesome, was fast and I used it all the time. Now on the Note 2, when I receive a text with picture, it plays a video of some sort with the picture? No way to enlarge, or move it from the text box? Might sound stupid, but this is a big feature I used on iphone, and need to know if there is a fix. People are sending me photos, not movies.

If you press and hold on the image, it should give you the option to save it. When done, go to your galleries and open your photo.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Mellimel22;heard 61 said:
Whdoesn'towser are u using

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

The stock one. I heard AT&T doesn't like Flash and is illegally blocking some sites. Not cool!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
wait for google to update gmail after the Android 4.2 release. the feature you are asking is coming.
maybe about a week or 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, found the clicks in the keyboard and did contacts with a cool app called iDrive Lite. You have install it on your iPhone first.
Now trying to figure out how to get my weather on the home screen under the clock. I click the "tap to add city" and it searches ("locating. Please wait..") for a few minutes and then says "Location Error - Failed to fid current location." Any idea?

Sometimes you need to make sure your data is on. Also you should be able to type in the name of your city rather than having it search automatically.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
wait for google to update gmail after the Android 4.2 release. the feature you are asking is coming.
maybe about a week or 2

Make sure you are using the proper app to open your images. Did you select a default app that was also for videos when you opened the first attachment? You usually have options for which program you want to use. There are many image viewers available and many different email programs as well. I have been using Aqua mail for a while and really like it.

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
The stock one. I heard AT&T doesn't like Flash and is illegally blocking some sites. Not cool!

Theres a thread on XDA with the
flash.apk that you can download and install on your note 2 that will allow you to view flash in the stock browser or any other browser you are using. I found it last night and it works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Theres a thread on XDA with the
flash.apk that you can download and install on your note 2 that will allow you to view flash in the stock browser or any other browser you are using. I found it last night and it works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

South Park studios site will work for you?

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes you need to make sure your data is on. Also you should be able to type in the name of your city rather than having it search automatically.

How do I make sure data is on? Now its happening with my wifi :confused:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to slide down your notification bar at the top of the screen. It will show you the quick settings for turning on your data, wifi, bluetooth etc. Just look for the data icon and turn it on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers