Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
My story starts on Nov. 6th to ask about when the Note II will be available in the store. The guy was nice and told me to come back on the 9th and he would hook me up. So I took off of work today to buy the phone and the people there said they could not sell the phones until the 11th. I said the guy from the other day told me the 9th, they said they tried to sell one the other day and was unable to process it through their system. I said why not try today? They said no and not till the 11th. So I went to a near by Best Buy Mobile and they said the street date was the 9th. They didn't get a shipment yet so couldn't get one. I asked why the other store wouldn't sell to me and she said no clue. Called around to other BB's and they each told me the 11th. I said this store says the 9th, They double check and say yes but they do not have any phones in stock. Called back to the first store and talked to a manager and he said they are just following what they are being told and I said well obviously not cause I don't have the phone in my hands. He transfers me to corporate and talk to a guy who says and I quote "where are they getting the 9th or the 11th? There is no date for this device to be sold just yet." So we talked and I mentioned the White note II now on their website and he looked up information on that and couldn't find a release date or shipping availability. The guy is sending me a gift card for $25 for being fed lies. I wish I knew something was set in stone either they can sell them to me today if they had the phones or if the 11th is the day they will actually get the phones to sell or if it was just made up to keep me coming in the store? Any Best Buy employees on here that can chime in?

OneDeepForLife

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My story starts on Nov. 6th to ask about when the Note II will be available in the store. The guy was nice and told me to come back on the 9th and he would hook me up. So I took off of work today to buy the phone and the people there said they could not sell the phones until the 11th. I said the guy from the other day told me the 9th, they said they tried to sell one the other day and was unable to process it through their system. I said why not try today? They said no and not till the 11th. So I went to a near by Best Buy Mobile and they said the street date was the 9th. They didn't get a shipment yet so couldn't get one. I asked why the other store wouldn't sell to me and she said no clue. Called around to other BB's and they each told me the 11th. I said this store says the 9th, They double check and say yes but they do not have any phones in stock. Called back to the first store and talked to a manager and he said they are just following what they are being told and I said well obviously not cause I don't have the phone in my hands. He transfers me to corporate and talk to a guy who says and I quote "where are they getting the 9th or the 11th? There is no date for this device to be sold just yet." So we talked and I mentioned the White note II now on their website and he looked up information on that and couldn't find a release date or shipping availability. The guy is sending me a gift card for $25 for being fed lies. I wish I knew something was set in stone either they can sell them to me today if they had the phones or if the 11th is the day they will actually get the phones to sell or if it was just made up to keep me coming in the store? Any Best Buy employees on here that can chime in?

I to got told that they'd have them today and went their this morning and they didn't have any and one of the employees said he thought they went getting them till the 11th so I broke down and got one at att store but now am returning it tomorrow due to my sleep/wake button stopped working already :( so I guess I'm gonna get my money and wait till the 11th to see if best buy gets them in this phone is to expensive to not have better insurance than att gives I'm not paying 200 dollars if the phone breaks I'm waiting it out for the black tie coverage that best buy offers especially after today's episode. I'm just glad mine broke while I can still return it, but I was shocked that I payed over 300 dollars for this phone and it stopped functioning right not even 6 hours after I bought it

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you guys, I had a preorder I thought was waiting for me. Walked in and they told me the shipment didn't arrive. Not happy that they sold a preorder, then didn't get a device in. If it isn't there today, I hope to complain enough (politely) to get a discount or gift card, something. I could have preordered from other places, but had always had good luck with Best Buy for other products in the past.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's in the Sunday ad, so they were told not to sell them. That way they can have a few in stock.
They have done that before.

ugaco07

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
For anything Apple or mobile, Best Buy is not the place to go for pre-orders. Being a 3rd party retailer they often have no idea what kind of stock they will be getting or when they will be getting it.

In this instance folks would have been much better served ordering direct from their carrier.

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
For anything Apple or mobile, Best Buy is not the place to go for pre-orders. Being a 3rd party retailer they often have no idea what kind of stock they will be getting or when they will be getting it.

In this instance folks would have been much better served ordering direct from their carrier.

I mistakenly assumed their preorders for phones would be like their games, how wrong I was. I can say it won't be happening again, that's for sure. Just got off the phone and got the runaround again from my preorder store. Called another store, same basic story, but at least the person I was speaking to understood there was a difference in the AT&T and Sprint Note 2's. Hopefully it will arrive sometime today, they claim I will get an email when it arrives, but also said to check back in a few hours. Fingers crossed I get something accomplished today.

xchris5442x

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
same here. went first thing in the morning to my local Best Buy in Rancho Cucamonga, CA were the two mobile workers looked really confused when the guy in front of me simply asked for a white note 2. They clicked a ton on the keyboards asked him three times if he pre-ordered it, dug through the drawers only to say they wont have any for two weeks. I wanted to use my best buy card but couldnt wait for the phone so I went next door to my AT&T store where there seem to be an endless supply

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
same here. went first thing in the morning to my local Best Buy in Rancho Cucamonga, CA were the two mobile workers looked really confused when the guy in front of me simply asked for a white note 2. They clicked a ton on the keyboards asked him three times if he pre-ordered it, dug through the drawers only to say they wont have any for two weeks. I wanted to use my best buy card but couldnt wait for the phone so I went next door to my AT&T store where there seem to be an endless supply
The only thing thats holding me back from doing that is Best Buy's insurance is so damn good!!!! With AT&T insurance the guy said I would be paying $8/per month and $200 for a new phone. Thats not insurance!!!!

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes the att Street date is the 9th. The sprint Street date is the 11th. However most best buys show that they have some on order without an actual arrival date to the store nothing gets received on Sunday at our local stores. It's sad that best buy can't be accurate with their information in the long run is being business. Anyways, the sprint Variants of the note 2 have already been at our store for a couple of days now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Jimbo5000

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the group waiting on my preorder from Best Buy. Put my order in store on the 5th and just called today - still no phone. I was told my local store gets inventory on Mondays and Thursdays so I'm crossing my fingers I'll have mine by the end of the week.

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the group waiting on my preorder from Best Buy. Put my order in store on the 5th and just called today - still no phone. I was told my local store gets inventory on Mondays and Thursdays so I'm crossing my fingers I'll have mine by the end of the week.

I hope you are right, if it shows either Monday or Thursday, I can wait, but I leave town on Friday for a week. So it will probably come while I'm gone and they won't hold it (the way things have gone so far). Really hoping for something tomorrow.

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping for a monday release. So tired of Sprint's service that I am debating on getting the S3 even tho I already had one on Sprint.

crosshair

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It appears that UPS made deliveries to the Best Buy stores all around me. I used the "Check Availability" link by zip codes and I was able to pick one up today.

abalboa3

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Same here. I checked online and it showed available at the stores in my area. Went in after work and was able to pick one up. Loving it so far.

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Light at the end of the tunnel for me. Received a notification email that my phone was in at BB. Picked it up this afternoon. Loving it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463