Speeding Up Galaxy Note 2

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I felt the GN2 was fast but not as good as I expecteded until I made the following changes:

Go to settings and developer options. Then, turn off all three animations: Window, Transition and Animatur.

Wow! Blazing GN2. No turning back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Mine came standard off. I did notice the sleep lag is better when turning off the s-voice when you double click the home button. I saw that on YouTube.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
This reminds me of when I was using fake clock up on an iPhone. Some of the animations cover-up some jerky things that happen in the background but in general it feels and looks a little quicker. Good tip.

Steverl22

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I felt the GN2 was fast but not as good as I expecteded until I made the following changes:

Go to settings and developer options. Then, turn off all three animations: Window, Transition and Animatur.

Wow! Blazing GN2. No turning back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Just tried this out...thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else kind of noticing lag when you wake up the phone? I saw on YouTube that in settings you turn off the double tap home button for s-voice and it will go away. I did it and it's better, but still has some lag. Thoughts?

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else kind of noticing lag when you wake up the phone? I saw on YouTube that in settings you turn off the double tap home button for s-voice and it will go away. I did it and it's better, but still has some lag. Thoughts?

It's "normal" for this phone it seems. Not much that can be done unless a dev makes a custom rom and includes some kind of fix for it.

lespaul

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep, lag on wake up is super annoying. Did all the tricks and I still think about it every time I wake up the phone.. Subscribed if anyone else has a tip.

Zaxxon88

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the fix! Everything but the s pen is much zippier now!
Yep, lag on wake up is super annoying. Did all the tricks and I still think about it every time I wake up the phone.. Subscribed if anyone else has a tip.
Disable power saving. That did it for me. I compared two notes, one with and one without, and it was definitely faster without powersaving on.

Admorris

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Disable S Voice and use the app Home2 Shortcut to remap your home button to use Google Voice Search instead. GVS works better than S Voice and it helps quite a bit with the home screen lag...2 birds with one stone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

Restart the phone. It will fly after a reboot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01