Application Management under settings

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I scroll over to "Running", and I'm using 1.1GBs! How do I close used apps? I don't think hitting the back button does it as I was told. I'm coming from an iphone 4. I use to be able to double tap the home button to see what was running.

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Do a long hold of the home button then choose the pie-chart looking graphic at the bottom left. The active apps come up and you can close them all or individually. Using the back button often completely closes the app, but it depends on the app.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Do a long hold of the home button then choose the pie-chart looking graphic at the bottom left. The active apps come up and you can close them all or individually. Using the back button often completely closes the app, but it depends on the app.

Hmmm... that only shows 3 programs are open.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Android has a great app/ memory management system. No need to close apps. There will always be apps running. The task manager shows apps that can be closed. One technique is to press and hold the home button until the task manager on the left comes up and the hit the RAM tab and hit clear memory. That will clear out your memory so Android can restart the processes you need and close unneeded apps.

You have 2 GB of RAM, so it can manage itself quite well.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Android has a great app/ memory management system. No need to close apps. There will always be apps running. The task manager shows apps that can be closed. One technique is to press and hold the home button until the task manager on the left comes up and the hit the RAM tab and hit clear memory. That will clear out your memory so Android can restart the processes you need and close unneeded apps.

You have 2 GB of RAM, so it can manage itself quite well.

Exactly. Same goes for the iPhone as well. I dont understand the fascination some have with closing apps.

Definitely noticed the 2gb memory helping out in multitasking from the note 1 to this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox