05-26-2013 05:39 PM
39 12
tools
    Tell all narrow minded motherers at Jellybean develop center......that u will means gooooogle will die the death of windows phone 8 os.....
    ...........dont throw of blocking the feature of app to sd.....with gooogle....Samsung is also Culprit of snatching , befooling their galaxy note customers....
    Samsung beware !!!!!!!!! u will die death of Nokia..................SAMUUUUuuu
    02-26-2013 09:39 AM
    hi. i contacted samsung and was told that only applications 1gb and larger can be moved to the sd card. then, i read on a different forum that you can install an app that will allow you to move other apps to the sd card, but i cant seem to find it. does anyone know if there is such an application? why would i purchase a 16gb sd card and then not be able to move any apps to it that are smaller than 1gb? of the 50-60 apps i have installed on my note 2, none are even close to being 1gb. so, essentially, you CANT move to sd card, right? sorry if i am not posting correctly. i am very new to this, and cant seem to find an answer to this question. thanks.
    ASTRO File Manager
    02-26-2013 10:50 AM
    I have a galaxy note 2 there are no obvious ways of putting content on the SD card can anyone help SVP.
    03-01-2013 09:43 AM
    I have a galaxy note 2 there are no obvious ways of putting content on the SD card can anyone help SVP.
    If you are talking about music or pics, just connect it to your PC with the USB cable. If you have tried that and it didn't work, we'll need more details, preferably in a new thread.

if you are talking about apps: Have you ready any of this thread????
    03-01-2013 08:33 PM
    I'm not sure if there is a script for the note, but I'm running a script on the tab 2 7.0 jelly bean 4.1.2 that swaps the external and internal sdcards, so you can use any size sdcard as your main storage and the internal as your DL location or whatever. However, even these scripts and apps (there are apps for rooted users in the play store) will not work on 4.2.x, because of the way the new multi user storage system works.

I would try a Google search on swapping them and the xda developers forums, that is where I go for all my rooting needs, which you will need to do in order to mess around in the data directory( where these scripts will need to live). They should all work JP to 4.1.2.
    03-01-2013 09:28 PM
    my phone memory is full while the SD card is empty, how I can move the applications to the SD card
    03-15-2013 04:04 PM
    You're saying ICS did it? Google? Um... Please explain your posit in more detail man. Because Samsung is powerful enough to tell Google or anybody else "out there" to go straight to hell when it comes to how their product interfaces with the entire networked world, so my position on this is that Samsung is a very comfortable bed partner with Google and/or anybody else that will slide money under the table so that the preppy lads from Google can make more money yet. HTF much money do they need, btw? I mean, come on, if you have more money than 'god', duh... it's all about power at this point. The little creeps from Googlesville have become power hungry, just like their Big Daddies in Bilderberg Land, ad nauseam...
    04-13-2013 11:51 PM
    ...Because Samsung is powerful enough to tell Google or anybody else "out there" to go straight to hell when it comes to how their product interfaces with the entire networked world...
    Okay, I understand that it was not Samsung's idea to cripple the SD in ICS. And I understand that Google maintains that the additional revenue this will produce for Google Drive was just a happy, serendipitous accident. I still feel that Google, Samsung and the carriers are acting arrogant and avaricious in making this change.

Samsung, stop hiding behind Google. You knew what they were doing and you neither publicly resisted the move, nor made sure your customers were aware. Okay, there are clear advantages of single-layer storage. But they only can be realized if customers are able to buy a phone whose initial internal storage is big enough to meet their needs for the life of the phone. You could have acted responsibly by making your publicity for the affected phones clear as to the limit on internal storage FOR SYSTEM DATA AND ALL APPLICATIONS. Your publicity consistently trumpets the expandability of storage and seldom mentions that it's only for media. You make versions of the GN2 with adequate storage but don't offer them through any of the US carriers, why is that? Is it because the higher price would make some of your competitors phones look good? You achieved your prominence in mobiles by giving people phones that worked and worked well at a fair price. Now you are making decisions that protect your revenue while hurting your customers. That's something market-dominating companies usually do just before discovering that some upstart is eating their lunch. Watch out, Samsung.

Google: you have shown yourself extremely skillful at monetizing the revenue opportunities that serendipity sends your way, so enough already with your innocent geek routine. The advantages of single layer storage are only realized if people buy a phone with adequate main storage. If a change like this is made for whatever reasons and then is underpublicized, the result will ber increasing demand for cloud storage. You had to know that and then you went ahead with both the change and the underpublicity, all while selling increasing amounts of cloud storage. Your whole pretense that this is an accident is really nauseating. Stand up to your decisions, take responsibility, and help the phone buying public understand and get what they need.

Carriers, (in the US, anyhow) you know that some consumers need a phone with more main storage. Samsung makes it, why don't you offer it? When you sell micro SD cards for expanding the memory of phones like the GN2 why don't you clearly warn that this is not for app storage. Let me guess, you make more money in the short term by misleading your customers. You all make me sick.

By the way, I just want to be clear that I am eligible for an upgrade with my carrier (AT&T) and I expected to use it for a GN2 but because of the memory issue I am waiting. When a phone comes to market that can hold all of my apps and data, either in main or expanded memory, then I will move. Meanwhile, AT&T, Samsung and Google are missing their shares of the revenue that is not coming in. Could not happen to a more deserving bunch of dishonest and greedy companies.
    04-15-2013 09:41 AM
    I am not sure it is widely known, so here it is:

OK, on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running Google's Android OS 4.*** it is not possible to move Apps from the internal storage to the external microSD card.
    However, I and my wife also have a Samsung Galaxy s2 and an HTC Sensation, both running Android 4.*** OS.. On these (unrooted) phones IT IS possible to move Apps to the microSD card.
    So ... what is the real cause: Google's Android OS ? The manufacturers of the very new phones, e.g. Samsung Galaxy s3, Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Is there a standardized or/and tested procedure to bypass these limitations ?
    04-16-2013 11:21 AM
    The problem with the sd cards is actually worse than you all think. Not only can you not move sd, if you install your sd from your old android phone with pics, music, contacts, etc. Note2 will not recognise apps,music or contacts. It will however load all of your pics to phone memory, thus causing crash, etc. No option to move them back. Not only that, but 16gb memory card is now listed as empty. If you delete pics off phone, they are gone. No longer on memory card either. Can be synced or whatever, but they are gone off card.
    04-16-2013 08:46 PM
    It would be nice if there was some dialog or explanation of Why you cant move apps to the SD card anymore. Who or what is responsible for this issue? Samsung or JB? Is it fixable or how do you get the issue addressed?
    It's amazing how something like this and other features that we take for granted to be there get set aside without explanation or prior knowledge.
    There was so much said about Jelly Bean prior to the release of all these Magical Device's yet no one listed or reviewed " Features you've come to like missing from Jelly Bean".
    Thank you in advance
    I have an unmarked 10.1" tablet (an Eken W10 look-a-like) and, providing the Default Reading/Writing Storage is set to "/mnt/sdcard", a MOVE TO SD CARD option is available and once moved to said card, they run just fine. I am running ICS v4.0.3
    05-08-2013 05:35 PM
    The problem with the sd cards is actually worse than you all think. Not only can you not move sd, if you install your sd from your old android phone with pics, music, contacts, etc. Note2 will not recognise apps,music or contacts. It will however load all of your pics to phone memory, thus causing crash, etc. No option to move them back. Not only that, but 16gb memory card is now listed as empty. If you delete pics off phone, they are gone. No longer on memory card either. Can be synced or whatever, but they are gone off card.
    Your generalizing

Sent from my Note 2
    05-08-2013 10:17 PM
    I have loaded all of my pics, music, apps, etc. from my old Android phone. It did not recognize the apps, but there was no crash. I got all of my pics and music, and it worked great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    05-08-2013 11:31 PM
    On my note 2 I used an app called " easy phone sync" to put my itunes on the sd card, should work with apps, maybe
    05-26-2013 05:39 PM
39 12