Screen protector needed?

itsmemalloy

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I hear on amazon ,some complain about SPG (and perhaps all brands) that the size does not fully cover the beautiful Note 2 screen, so you see the edges and it is a bit annoying. anyone using SPG care to comment on the size issue ?

They do not cover the entire screen. There's about a1-2mm gap all the way around but it does protect the entire viewable area of the screen. I do wish I could find one with total coverage but the SPG protectors are the best.

Sent from my Big Ass Galaxy Note II!

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
They do not cover the entire screen. There's about a1-2mm gap all the way around but it does protect the entire viewable area of the screen. I do wish I could find one with total coverage but the SPG protectors are the best.

Sent from my Big Ass Galaxy Note II!

You can see this here.

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 76

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Currently using a Zagg Invisibleshield and I hate it. I just realized today that it is not the HD version, so it makes the screen look grainy and I can see S-Pen indentations all over it. Ordering a Spigen Ultra Crystal today and hopefully it will be better.

I agree. Got mine on yesterday and not diggin it. How do you install that other that you guys keep talking about? Is it with water like Zagg or a sticker?

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I use one just because I have scratched screens before. Gorilla glass is not scratch proof just resistant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know the only screen protectors they carry, for all devices, are Zagg. They've got a deal.

Ok that is the only one I have ever seen there as well. On a side note, I heard the ZAGG SMUDGE PROOF protector works well for the Note 2. However, I heard the Zagg specifically designed for the Note 2 is lousy. Anyone got any info on this? Thanks.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Spigen is the absolute best.

Once applied right you can not even tell it's there (at least with the Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic).

So essentially there's no reason NOT to use one. You're protecting your screen without sacrificing a thing, except for $13.99.

I'm gonna try these. Thanks for posting them.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Spigen is the absolute best.

Once applied right you can not even tell it's there (at least with the Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic).

So essentially there's no reason NOT to use one. You're protecting your screen without sacrificing a thing, except for $13.99.

So what one do you suggest for our N2? I see they have like 3 or 4 different kinds. Thanks.

surebuttercringe

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok that is the only one I have ever seen there as well. On a side note, I heard the ZAGG SMUDGE PROOF protector works well for the Note 2. However, I heard the Zagg specifically designed for the Note 2 is lousy. Anyone got any info on this? Thanks.

Have not used the Zagg smudge proof, but I can tell you that the regular Invisibleshield (not HD) is absolute crap on this phone. I tore mine off after only one week because it made the screen look terrible. Plus, the S-Pen indented it easily.

inspectagadget1973

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I hear on amazon ,some complain about SPG (and perhaps all brands) that the size does not fully cover the beautiful Note 2 screen, so you see the edges and it is a bit annoying. anyone using SPG care to comment on the size issue ?

I use the spigen SPG (the one for your eyes 16.99) and is the bomb. It's like it's not even there. Looks like I'm looking into glass while adding the benefit of a screen protector. As far as the fit. Is true that they don't go all the way to the edges of the screen. That's because the screen is bezeled around the entire front edge. It fits nicely on the screen but there is a 3-5 mm gap around the screen. It bothered me the first day I had it but now is no big deal. Especially for the trade off of what you're getting. It's totally worth it. Oh, and the spen works great on it too. No sticky feeling just a smooth writing surface. How this helps you make a decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
So what one do you suggest for our N2? I see they have like 3 or 4 different kinds. Thanks.

Just depends on what you like.

1. Ultra Crystal - once on you don't know it's there, which means you do get fingerprints.

2. Anti Glare - less fingerprints, but dulls the screen clarity.

3. Ultra Oleophobic - resists oils, but maintains more clarity.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys. Have you tried the lates Ultra Optics model? Do you think that would mess with the screen? Its confusing on the description.

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Thank you guys. Have you tried the lates Ultra Optics model? Do you think that would mess with the screen? Its confusing on the description.

The Ultra Optics is an anti glare shield that very clear. However, I found that the material made an odd sound when swiping across it with one's finger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech