Note 2 screen rotation

LMaui

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got my At&t Note 2 and the screen will not rotate.

Notification has screen rotation highlited, it is checked in screen settings.
I have put it in odin, removed the battery and done those tricks.

Nothing, anyone have any other ideas?
I also installed Nova Launcher (Prime) which has screen rotation controls and still nothing.

Help please

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I just got my At&t Note 2 and the screen will not rotate.

Notification has screen rotation highlited, it is checked in screen settings.
I have put it in odin, removed the battery and done those tricks.

Nothing, anyone have any other ideas?
I also installed Nova Launcher (Prime) which has screen rotation controls and still nothing.

Help please

Maybe smart stay is on

Sent from my PC36100

LMaui

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I checked that, have toggled off and on all rotation settings too, I heard that Touchwiz keyboard has problems and that Swiftkey3 would correct the auto rotate problem but that doesn't work for me either.

I have heard that you can do the can recalibrate the gyro, which used to be a setting in my GS3 but I can't find it on my Note 2.

Thaks for trying

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I checked that, have toggled off and on all rotation settings too, I heard that Touchwiz keyboard has problems and that Swiftkey3 would correct the auto rotate problem but that doesn't work for me either.

I have heard that you can do the can recalibrate the gyro, which used to be a setting in my GS3 but I can't find it on my Note 2.

Thaks for trying
To re-calibrate the gyro,
open settings
open motion
open advanced settings
gyroscope calibration

bornshallow

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just had then same problem with my Verizon Note II that I just got today... Did everything everyone had recommended on forums for over 2 hours now to try and fix it... FFRUSTRATING!

So all you did was take it back to ATTNand your new one works right out of the box?

-Drew

LMaui

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I just had then same problem with my Verizon Note II that I just got today... Did everything everyone had recommended on forums for over 2 hours now to try and fix it... FFRUSTRATING!

So all you did was take it back to ATTNand your new one works right out of the box?

-Drew

Drew, that is all I had to do... they did a factory reset to see if that helped and it didn't... they went into the back room and came out with a new one. I told them I wanted to check to make sure everthing was working on the new one before I accepted it and all has been well since... take yours back

bornshallow

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I fussed with it for a few hours... Couldnt get the gyro to respond at all.

I finally took it back today. The new one works like a charm. Weird- there must have been some handsets that were just defective. Really loving this phone though!

Thanks!

Drew

dhkproduction9

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have similar problem. On other apps, screen rotates but not home screen. Is this normal?
All of my previous smartphones had landscape home screen mode....

I checked on gyro but blue ball in center does not seem to move at all...is this also normal??

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Not one of my SAMSUNG phones, including the note 2, had/has a landscape home screen.

GS3, GS2, Captivate, Note 1, Focus, Focus S.........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Hayley Morris

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Found the solution, at least for mine. It's an 02 note 2 and if you can't rotate it merely open up any programme that allows you to type on the keyboard. Bring up the keyboard, turn the phone on its' side and it should rotate. Do this a few times and it fixes itself. It's worked every time for me since it stopped rotating in general. Rebooting also fixed it for me.

Steven Tuijtel

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Guys I totally just winged a fix of my own today and it worked! haha so let's assume my facebook is stuck in portrait mode and won't rotate. I simply put the phone in landscape position and let the screen timeout and auto shut off, then after I turned the screen back on EVERY app worked fine again =s quickest solution I have found so far! And you don't have to restart the phone.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
because my iphone did it.. wasn't sure (cause i don't remember testing it at the store).. but does our Note 2 do the landscape home screen? or is it just apps?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
because my iphone did it.. wasn't sure (cause i don't remember testing it at the store).. but does our Note 2 do the landscape home screen? or is it just apps?

Touchwiz doesn't have a landscape home screen. Other launchers offer that functionality

Sent from my Note 2

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Touchwiz doesn't have a landscape home screen. Other launchers offer that functionality

Sent from my Note 2

is touchwiz what our phones automatically come with?

I remember downloading Go Launcher Ex (because I was looking at go launcher themes).. and when I touched my home button it asked me if I wanted to go to Go Launcher Ex or Touch Wiz.. so not sure if I accidentally downloaded something extra or touchwiz was what my phone came with :D

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
is touchwiz what our phones automatically come with?

I remember downloading Go Launcher Ex (because I was looking at go launcher themes).. and when I touched my home button it asked me if I wanted to go to Go Launcher Ex or Touch Wiz.. so not sure if I accidentally downloaded something extra or touchwiz was what my phone came with :D

Yeah, Touchwiz is standard

Sent from my Note 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Touchwiz is standard

Sent from my Note 2

From what i have read in other places 4.1.2 introduced a screen rotation bug. Hopefully it will befixed soon for you guys. Not really an isue for me. I use an app called ultimate rotation control that lets me force any app including homescreens into portrait or landscape. Works great for my smart dock.

Sent
from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463