Sorry, more questions. Please help if you can. Thanks!

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
More noob Qs from a day 1 iPhone user. Thanks for the help.

1) Under Settings: Smart Rotation & Smart Stay. Do you use or suggest them? I get upset that the screen starts to sleep after a minute of watching a full screen YouTube video. Also reading a website, if the screen dims, on my iPhone I use to turn the phone to keep the screen lit. On here, I have to touch the screen and that pauses the YouTube video or clicks a link. Not diggin this at all.

2) I'm not a fan of the keyboard in here. I miss how the iPhone would automatically fix my bad spelling. Not only that, but you can highlight a word and look up it's definition if you weren't sure by highlighting it. Any idea how to do that on an Android?

3) Picture quality from the camera. I see there's a lot of settings. I'm not pleased with the pictures and the focus. Are there any basic settings you suggest or use?

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
A new question just came up. My friend just texted me a photo and it shows it as video and plays the picture when I click on it. It's very weird. Plus I can't enlarge the picture or do anything with it. Wth?

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a Note 2..... Yet.
But never had the screen go off when watching a video with my SIII. Does it do that with Smart Stay on?
I do not use Smart Stay, since I have not needed it...

As for the Keyboard, that it one of the things I LOVE about Android. Many choices, but I prefer SwiftKey. Impressed by its ability to learn and apply your use for predictive suggestions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
How about adding my own sound for a text tone / notification? I emailed myself the reading rainbow sound that I use to use on my 4. Anyways, I can open it on here (my Note 2) but can't save it. Any ideas?

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

1) Under Settings: Smart Rotation & Smart Stay. Do you use or suggest them? I get upset that the screen starts to sleep after a minute of watching a full screen YouTube video. Also reading a website, if the screen dims, on my iPhone I use to turn the phone to keep the screen lit. On here, I have to touch the screen and that pauses the YouTube video or clicks a link. Not diggin this at all.

I use them both and they will alleviate the problem you're having. They are actually great intuitive features.

2) I'm not a fan of the keyboard in here. I miss how the iPhone would automatically fix my bad spelling. Not only that, but you can highlight a word and look up it's definition if you weren't sure by highlighting it. Any idea how to do that on an Android?

Go to the play store and try the free versions of swiftkey, smartkeyboard, jellybean keyboard and see if those work out better for you.

3) Picture quality from the camera. I see there's a lot of settings. I'm not pleased with the pictures and the focus. Are there any basic settings you suggest or use?

I use the single shot the most, best picture is good if you have kids. I actually think the SIII and Note 2 take better photo's then the iPhone. I wish someone at Apple would make the camera interface more robust and give more settings options then just HDR and now Panorama.

I use them both and they will alleviate the problem you're having. They are actually great intuitive features.

Go to the play store and try the free versions of swiftkey, smartkeyboard, jellybean keyboard and see if those work out better for you.

I use the single shot the most, best picture is good if you have kids. I actually think the SIII and Note 2 take better photo's then the iPhone. I wish someone at Apple would make the camera interface more robust and give more settings options then just HDR and now Panorama.

VioletStarrs

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the keyboard, you can try the built-in "One-handed operation" that's in Settings, or the Swype keyboard that's in Settings / Language and input.

VioletStarrs

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I just emailed myself an MP3 in Yahoo! and downloaded it. When I clicked "Download' there was a message at the bottom, likely from Norton Antivirus asking where I'd like it to go. It went to the Desktop with no problem.

Is it possible that it's downloaded and you just didn't see where it went? If so, try doing a file search. You could also try forwarding the email to another address, even if you have to create one just for that purpose.

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I do use smart stay etc with no problems. You might also want to increase your screen display time. Mine is set for 3 minutes.

inspectagadget1973

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
All of these basic questions can be found in the manual on Samsung. Com. May I suggest you download that and read it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
All of these basic questions can be found in the manual on Samsung. Com. May I suggest you download that and read it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

No thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I just emailed myself an MP3 in Yahoo! and downloaded it. When I clicked "Download' there was a message at the bottom, likely from Norton Antivirus asking where I'd like it to go. It went to the Desktop with no problem.

Is it possible that it's downloaded and you just didn't see where it went? If so, try doing a file search. You could also try forwarding the email to another address, even if you have to create one just for that purpose.

Desktop? You mean the home screen? We're talking about the phone right?

dealnerd00

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
For custom text or notification ringtones, I use ringtone maker app. Works well for .mp3 formats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
For custom text or notification ringtones, I use ringtone maker app. Works well for .mp3 formats.

Sent from myorganizing toneI317 using Android Central Forums

If I use an app, im worried about my 2 second sound clip (for my text tone) will show up in my music player. Im anal about my music and organizing it.

VioletStarrs

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Desktop. Sometimes you need a computer to help out with this stuff. I tried downloading an MP3 file right from the phone and it said "Loading" but never progressed. If you don't have a desktop/laptop then I don't have an answer on this one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae