USB Mass storage option gone?!?!?!

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
So I used to own the Note 1 and had the ease of choosing mass storage as an option to upload my photos to my desktop and to my surprise this is no longer available on the N2. Any suggestions? I rather not use Kies if at all possible.

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
The device now uses mtp(media transfer protocol). You may not get drive letters but for me in Windows Explorer I can still see the Samsung device with its 2 storage drives. I see sdcard0 and sdcard1.

Might want to check that to see if you see the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
All of the Samsung devices used MTP, but prior, the S2 and the OG Note, had USBMS, but now, Samsung decided to remove it, with the ICS/JB devices

:-(

Joshua O

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So I used to own the Note 1 and had the ease of choosing mass storage as an option to upload my photos to my desktop and to my surprise this is no longer available on the N2. Any suggestions? I rather not use Kies if at all possible.
Judging by the obvious Window users here, with a pc you won't have any problems. But as an OSX enthusiast found myself using a FTP server to be able to share files. It isn't as convenient but it works flawlessly.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
No problems here using just a usb connection for file transfers back 'n' forth. :)

An always-plugged-in Smart Dock, using usb flash drives, though, would be so much simpler IMHO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2