07-29-2013 12:59 AM
57 123
tools
    Preorder price on the iBolt is $5 off the regular price, it comes out 1/7
    Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for Samsung: Cell Phones & Accessories
    You recommend this? Does anyone else?
    12-16-2012 07:20 PM
    I went with a Panavice dash mount and slapped on a ram mount with the x grip. Very sturdy and infinite positioning. Will take puctures tomorrow.

Update: Dec. 18, 2012...
    So I attached the PanaVise to my dash like so...

Then I attached a 1" Ram Mount ball to the PanaVise...

I then attached a Ram Mount short arm to the 1" ball...

Finally, I attached the Ram Mount X-Grip to the arm...

Overall, there is some shaking, thanks to my bumpy suspension, but the grip is rock solid and can be used for almost any other device. The X-Grip fits the Note 2, but barely. I've used it with a standard silicone case, TPU case and they've both fit. I'm not sure if a big case (like Otterbox Defender) would fit.

Sent from my Note Deuce using Tap-uh-talk
    12-16-2012 08:41 PM
    I also preordered it today. I had one for my GSIII and it was very nice. the design on this one looks better, as the other blocked the volume keys and this one does not. Additionally it will fit even with a large case on your phone.
    12-16-2012 09:55 PM
    I haven't used it myself but it's been highly recommended. I'd get one if it had a mount that wasn't suction cup. They always fall off here in the winter, I think it's the cold-heat-cold as the car gets used and the temp swings 100 degrees back and forth with the defroster on.
    12-16-2012 11:17 PM
    Just to let you know I tried the iOttie on a textured surface. (Wife has a 2012) Grand Cherokee. It was pretty warm here yesterday about 75. I checked again this morning and it is still stuck to the dash.
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...216_083239.jpg http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...216_083302.jpg

Victor, thanks for passing the pics. I ended up buying an Arkon SGF178 windshield / dash mount. I liked it's design better because when mounted on the dash it can hang the phone down or of they way.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    12-16-2012 11:17 PM
    No problem. Glad I could help. I use that one in my wifes cars and the mountex in mine.
    Joshua O likes this.
    12-17-2012 10:15 PM
    I like the arcon sgn178 like someone recommended. Didn't want to pay more than 10 but it looks like a great mount that will last.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    12-18-2012 12:11 AM
    All, here's fresh pictures of the new iBOLT car-dock for the Note II (and it also works with S3's). It's very sturdy, offers 1-hand insertion and the much appreciated 9 ft charging/aux-out cable is included (so you can place the phone on the left side of the steering wheel). The latch is a dual spring metal construction that will put a good amount of retention pressure on the phone, making it possible to have vertical position without support below. We designed it from the ground up to be compatible with larger cases, even Otterbox Defender. It's also very small and compact as consumer told us they don't want a big "blob of plastic" visible when the phone is not inserted. If you want to use it with any other mount type ProClip or KUDA you can order the $7.99 AMPS plate that makes it compatible with others or you can use any mount made for Garmin since both are using the 17 mm ball joint. This car-dock is available for pre-order here on Android Central, click here.
    Attached Thumbnails Car mount for Note 2?-note-ii-unedited.jpg  
    12-23-2012 10:48 AM
    Victor, thanks for passing the pics. I ended up buying an Arkon SGF178 windshield / dash mount. I liked it's design better because when mounted on the dash it can hang the phone down or of they way.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/17/ture4ymu.jpg
    Well after using the Arkon SGF178 for a few weeks I started noticing one major flaw with the suction cup mounted on the dash. It wreaks havoc on a soft dash.

I'm sure all suction cup mounts on my dash board will do this unless it's made of hard plastic. So I've moved the mount to the windshield. Just something to be aware of when choosing a mount.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    12-24-2012 10:51 AM
    Holy Crap! that thing sure does suck!
    12-26-2012 02:42 PM
    They STILL are not shipping this dock with the cable. Ridiculous.

All, here's fresh pictures of the new iBOLT car-dock for the Note II (and it also works with S3's). It's very sturdy, offers 1-hand insertion and the much appreciated 9 ft charging/aux-out cable is included (so you can place the phone on the left side of the steering wheel). The latch is a dual spring metal construction that will put a good amount of retention pressure on the phone, making it possible to have vertical position without support below. We designed it from the ground up to be compatible with larger cases, even Otterbox Defender. It's also very small and compact as consumer told us they don't want a big "blob of plastic" visible when the phone is not inserted. If you want to use it with any other mount type ProClip or KUDA you can order the $7.99 AMPS plate that makes it compatible with others or you can use any mount made for Garmin since both are using the 17 mm ball joint. This car-dock is available for pre-order here on Android Central, click here.
    02-26-2013 11:31 AM
    I have a question about the iPhone 4 holder will it work with the galaxy note 2 with a case on it ?
    03-04-2013 07:51 AM
    Here's another vote for the stock Samsung universal mount. My wife has an Otterbox Commuter on her phone and it still fits in the mount. It comes with the cigarette lighter adapter as well. We love it and have used it on several occasions.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, the biggest beast on the block.
    03-04-2013 04:49 PM
    If you don't mind paying a higher price Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts-ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices offers really nice mounts.

I'm actually using a adjustable holder that I have had since the iPhone 4 it was design for use with iPhone with a case, but it works for virtually any device. I have just had to buy a new mount when I get a new vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    +1 on ProClip. Can't say enough good things about it. I've had one on my previous two devices, so I don't have to pay for a new mount (which, if you do, makes this a fairly pricey proposition), but it's definitely the gold standard. There's a plain vanilla holder, one with a USB lighter adapter, and one that fits the Otterbox Defender (and four other variations).

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (USA and Europe) - Holder with Tilt Swivel

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (USA and Europe) - Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and USB Cigarette Lighter Adapter

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (USA and Europe) - Holder with Tilt Swivel for OtterBox Defender Case
    03-05-2013 08:28 AM
    I guess I am try to figure out which holder to get because the case I have on my Note 2 is the Platinum case with belt clip . I don't think it is as big as the otter case. Yes I do know they are the best. I use to use them all the time on my palm phones .
    PS I BOUGHT THE CASE AT BEST BUY.
    03-05-2013 08:43 AM
    +1 on ProClip. Can't say enough good things about it. I've had one on my previous two devices, so I don't have to pay for a new mount (which, if you do, makes this a fairly pricey proposition), but it's definitely the gold standard. There's a plain vanilla holder, one with a USB lighter adapter, and one that fits the Otterbox Defender (and four other variations).

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (USA and Europe) - Holder with Tilt Swivel

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (USA and Europe) - Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and USB Cigarette Lighter Adapter

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (USA and Europe) - Holder with Tilt Swivel for OtterBox Defender Case
    The problem with the Proclip mounts is they are only good if your phone doesn't have a case, because they are form fitted to the bare phones.

I ended up getting the Tetrax X-Way, or Fixway if you don't want the vent style mounts. It uses a magnet to hold the phone so any kind of case works.

Tetrax - XWAY, EGO, GEO, FIX, FIXWAY, XCASE - XWAY line

This video was one reason why I didn't like the most car mounts available as they get in the way of normal driving or hazardous situations.

Tetrax - XWAY, EGO, GEO, FIX, FIXWAY, XCASE - Driving Safely
    03-05-2013 10:00 AM
    I picked up a Rocketfish from Best Buy, it has an alternate mount that allows you to use your air vents. I love it as it doesn't hinder my vision like a dash or window mount would (those are included). It's got plenty of room even after the hard case I use on my Note 2.
    It will take some fiddling around to get it mounted to the vent, you do need patience. Once you figure it out it works great. I'm just happy I didn't read the reviews on it before purchase, it got slammed. My guess is the slammers didn't read the instructions.
    Rocketfish Mobile - Vehicle Mount - Black - RF-VMU5

Edit: After viewing the ProClip video, I think it's a superior mount.
    03-07-2013 04:26 PM
    The problem with the Proclip mounts is they are only good if your phone doesn't have a case, because they are form fitted to the bare phones.
    As one of the links I posted shows, they have a holder for the Note 2 with an Otterbox Defender case. Admittedly not every one uses the OB case, but then again, there are a number who don't use a case at all.
    03-08-2013 10:26 AM
    +1 for the Arkon dash mount, but they have a new Slim-Grip Ultra holder that's better for big phones, especially the Note 2 in an Otterbox or other big case:

Slim-Grip Ultra™ Sticky Dashboard & Windshield Mount for Smartphones & Tablets (up to 8 in.)

It's on a hard plastic dash and sticks on really well. I really like the holder too, I use my Nexus 7 in it as well.
    03-08-2013 08:18 PM
    I boughtthe ikross on Amazon and it is perfect because it comes with all the mounting option accessories
    03-09-2013 01:39 PM
    I bought this one and so far I like it. It holds good and doesn't shake that much
    Amazon.com: iOttie One-Touch windshield and dashboard car mount for Galaxy Note 2: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I also use the iOttie. Holds pretty good, even if you have a case on it (one that isnt too terribly bulky)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    03-09-2013 11:24 PM
    The Samsung galaxy s 3 car mount is very popular in the market. These car mounts look attractive and give complete access to the phone with reliable performances. The car mounts are the support system for the phone and give good performance. The car mounts have comfy fit and all the parts are easily working. These magnet mounts can also be installed in offices and homes. They consist of suction cup at the bottom and it gets attach to the surface.
    03-28-2013 07:29 AM
    I've been using Arkon products for years. I have a flexible gooseneck attached to the base of the passenger seat for my BlackBerry PlayBook (so to be replaced with a Samsung) and one attached to the windshield.

https://www.arkon.com/

I use this holder https://www.arkon.com/Slim-Grip%20Ul...rip-ultra.html with these mounts https://www.arkon.com/mobile-grip/mo...car-mount.html & https://www.arkon.com/Slim-Grip%20Ul...oor-mount.html
    03-29-2013 06:48 AM
    http://www.amazon.com/xProDock-Activ...cUvbUpU2673608

They claim you can use with any case and its nav capable I have an iottie and love it though once you place it it's difficult to move

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    03-29-2013 06:22 PM
    I just ordered the ibolt xprodock tonight. It should be here Monday or Tuesday. I'll report back to let y'all know how it is.
    04-05-2013 12:41 AM
57 123