Car mount for Note 2?

BoneDigger

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have some suggestions for a car mount to use the GPS capabilities to their fullest? Looking for a dash or window mount that would work with a case.

Todd

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I bought one at car toys. It's big enough to hold this monstrosity. Not very sleek looking but does the job for now. It was 24 $

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

losmorob

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I received my Mountek CD slot mount yesterday. What a clever McGyver like idea! Works great in my Mini Cooper. steady mount.

aclerk

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I bought this capta from amazon. i really like it but the only issue i have is that bc the back of the GN2 is not welded on, if you just pull the phone off of the sticky pad instead of turning it, the back pops out a bit, so i have to snap the back in place.

this has been great as I drive a SUV and windshield is deep, so standard mounts tended to be too far away for use. and because the capta part is part of a tripod, i can actually use that mount with my current tripods and gorillapods. less accessories the better. the pad doesnt get too dirty either, and its easy to clean. this so far has been the best mount for me.

I love the joby gorilla pods, and this was close to it. I was going to get the joby smart phone clip, but i read that it doesnt open wide enough to hold the gn2.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My wife ordered the iottie that is on amazon. Even though that was out of stock you can order it directly from the iottie website

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The mountek came and, I like it a lot. I did take the end piece off. I didn't like the way the phone sat with it on. It wasn't centered. But it works well and barely moves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

scott750

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I had an iBolt for my GSIII. I emailed them last week and they said by the end of December to check their website, they should have on for the Note 2

scott750

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
The iBolt looks very similar to the iGrip car holder. I had an iGrip for my Thunderbolt and it was great. I emailed iGrip asking if they were coming out with a car dock for the Note2. Still waiting for their response.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I highly recommend this one. Review: Cobra Universal Cigarette Lighter Mount - BriefMobile

• Works with any device
  • Can get it with cigarette lighter or suction cup mount
  • The head is interchangeable with the iGrip brand of mounts
  • The gooseneck is strong and adjustable
  • The sticky surface works great and doesn't leave residue at all
  • When the stickiness gets dirty, just wipe it off with water and it's good as new
  • Since there are only two support prongs at the bottom, it doesn't interfere with any ports
  • $20 or less at multiple places on the web

I have one and won't use anything else now. Here's a picture:

100_1750.jpg

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind paying a higher price www.proclipusa.com offers really nice mounts.

I'm actually using a adjustable holder that I have had since the iPhone 4 it was design for use with iPhone with a case, but it works for virtually any device. I have just had to buy a new mount when I get a new vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

scott750

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I highly recommend this one. Review: Cobra Universal Cigarette Lighter Mount - BriefMobile

• Works with any device
  • Can get it with cigarette lighter or suction cup mount
  • The head is interchangeable with the iGrip brand of mounts
  • The gooseneck is strong and adjustable
  • The sticky surface works great and doesn't leave residue at all
  • When the stickiness gets dirty, just wipe it off with water and it's good as new
  • Since there are only two support prongs at the bottom, it doesn't interfere with any ports
  • $20 or less at multiple places on the web

I have one and won't use anything else now. Here's a picture:

http://briefmobile.s3.amazonaws.com/images/articles/100_1750.jpg

Hmm interesting. I'll have to look into that.

If you don't mind paying a higher price www.proclipusa.com offers really nice mounts.

I'm actually using a adjustable holder that I have had since the iPhone 4 it was design for use with iPhone with a case, but it works for virtually any device. I have just had to buy a new mount when I get a new vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

I tried a Pro Clip but on my Chevy Trailblazer the mount on my dashboard was terrible. Didn't like it at all.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The Amazon description says the suction cup works on textured dash surfaces. Can you confirm if it does? This will make or break it for me.
I have not used it on the dash as both of mine are textured. I've used on the window only and it holds really well.

Edit: Do the side fingers cover up the volume or power buttons?

No and yes. If you slide it down far enough it won't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae