Car mount for Note 2?

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just to let you know I tried the iOttie on a textured surface. (Wife has a 2012) Grand Cherokee. It was pretty warm here yesterday about 75. I checked again this morning and it is still stuck to the dash.
20121216_083239.jpg
20121216_083302.jpg

Last edited:

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It was $24 on Amaxon. Link is on first page of this thread. So far I like it. I woukd recommend it. It doesn't shake much. Sticks to Window really well. And now dash. Of course it's not really hot outside. Here in Texas it gets really hot. Remains to need seen whether or not it will stay on in heat and humidity. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

S T Hye

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I went with a Panavice dash mount and slapped on a ram mount with the x grip. Very sturdy and infinite positioning. Will take puctures tomorrow.

Update: Dec. 18, 2012...
So I attached the PanaVise to my dash like so...

pana+vice.jpg

Then I attached a 1" Ram Mount ball to the PanaVise...
ram+ball.jpg

I then attached a Ram Mount short arm to the 1" ball...
ram+short+arm.jpg

Finally, I attached the Ram Mount X-Grip to the arm...
Ram+x-grip.jpg

Overall, there is some shaking, thanks to my bumpy suspension, but the grip is rock solid and can be used for almost any other device. The X-Grip fits the Note 2, but barely. I've used it with a standard silicone case, TPU case and they've both fit. I'm not sure if a big case (like Otterbox Defender) would fit.

Sent from my Note Deuce using Tap-uh-talk

Last edited:

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
You recommend this? Does anyone else?

I also preordered it today. I had one for my GSIII and it was very nice. the design on this one looks better, as the other blocked the volume keys and this one does not. Additionally it will fit even with a large case on your phone.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
You recommend this? Does anyone else?

I haven't used it myself but it's been highly recommended. I'd get one if it had a mount that wasn't suction cup. They always fall off here in the winter, I think it's the cold-heat-cold as the car gets used and the temp swings 100 degrees back and forth with the defroster on.

scott750

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Just to let you know I tried the iOttie on a textured surface. (Wife has a 2012) Grand Cherokee. It was pretty warm here yesterday about 75. I checked again this morning and it is still stuck to the dash.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/vrosiles/20121216_083239.jpg http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/vrosiles/20121216_083302.jpg

Victor, thanks for passing the pics. I ended up buying an Arkon SGF178 windshield / dash mount. I liked it's design better because when mounted on the dash it can hang the phone down or of they way.

ture4ymu.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I like the arcon sgn178 like someone recommended. Didn't want to pay more than 10 but it looks like a great mount that will last.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
All, here's fresh pictures of the new iBOLT car-dock for the Note II (and it also works with S3's). It's very sturdy, offers 1-hand insertion and the much appreciated 9 ft charging/aux-out cable is included (so you can place the phone on the left side of the steering wheel). The latch is a dual spring metal construction that will put a good amount of retention pressure on the phone, making it possible to have vertical position without support below. We designed it from the ground up to be compatible with larger cases, even Otterbox Defender. It's also very small and compact as consumer told us they don't want a big "blob of plastic" visible when the phone is not inserted. If you want to use it with any other mount type ProClip or KUDA you can order the $7.99 AMPS plate that makes it compatible with others or you can use any mount made for Garmin since both are using the 17 mm ball joint. This car-dock is available for pre-order here on Android Central, click here.

Attachments

• Note-II-unedited.jpg
    Note-II-unedited.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 89

scott750

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Victor, thanks for passing the pics. I ended up buying an Arkon SGF178 windshield / dash mount. I liked it's design better because when mounted on the dash it can hang the phone down or of they way.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/17/ture4ymu.jpg

Well after using the Arkon SGF178 for a few weeks I started noticing one major flaw with the suction cup mounted on the dash. It wreaks havoc on a soft dash.

jevabage.jpg

I'm sure all suction cup mounts on my dash board will do this unless it's made of hard plastic. So I've moved the mount to the windshield. Just something to be aware of when choosing a mount.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
They STILL are not shipping this dock with the cable. Ridiculous.

All, here's fresh pictures of the new iBOLT car-dock for the Note II (and it also works with S3's). It's very sturdy, offers 1-hand insertion and the much appreciated 9 ft charging/aux-out cable is included (so you can place the phone on the left side of the steering wheel). The latch is a dual spring metal construction that will put a good amount of retention pressure on the phone, making it possible to have vertical position without support below. We designed it from the ground up to be compatible with larger cases, even Otterbox Defender. It's also very small and compact as consumer told us they don't want a big "blob of plastic" visible when the phone is not inserted. If you want to use it with any other mount type ProClip or KUDA you can order the $7.99 AMPS plate that makes it compatible with others or you can use any mount made for Garmin since both are using the 17 mm ball joint. This car-dock is available for pre-order here on Android Central, click here.

Trodecke

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Here's another vote for the stock Samsung universal mount. My wife has an Otterbox Commuter on her phone and it still fits in the mount. It comes with the cigarette lighter adapter as well. We love it and have used it on several occasions.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, the biggest beast on the block.

Last edited:

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If you don't mind paying a higher price Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts - ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices offers really nice mounts.

I'm actually using a adjustable holder that I have had since the iPhone 4 it was design for use with iPhone with a case, but it works for virtually any device. I have just had to buy a new mount when I get a new vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

+1 on ProClip. Can't say enough good things about it. I've had one on my previous two devices, so I don't have to pay for a new mount (which, if you do, makes this a fairly pricey proposition), but it's definitely the gold standard. There's a plain vanilla holder, one with a USB lighter adapter, and one that fits the Otterbox Defender (and four other variations).

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (USA and Europe) - Holder with Tilt Swivel

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (USA and Europe) - Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and USB Cigarette Lighter Adapter

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (USA and Europe) - Holder with Tilt Swivel for OtterBox Defender Case

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I guess I am try to figure out which holder to get because the case I have on my Note 2 is the Platinum case with belt clip . I don't think it is as big as the otter case. Yes I do know they are the best. I use to use them all the time on my palm phones .
PS I BOUGHT THE CASE AT BEST BUY.