S3 or Note 2

mtech5

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I know there's a few of these threads already but I would like to hear from users of both these phones. You can go in the store and play on them for a bit, but I'd like to hear from people that use them daily. I use my phone for a little bit of everything. Just want to hear some feedback.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I have the galaxy s3,
I use to have an iPhone and I thought the 4.8inch screen would be too big but it's not it's perfect, the galaxy s3 has a better screen ppi than the note 2 and a similar processor, the galaxy s3 has 1gb less ram (international version) which you cannot notice in the real world. Also the operating systems are the same with the same interface with very very minimal differences.

Overall I would go with screen size, if you have seen the note 2 is too big then the s3 is for you, if the s3 is too small then the note 2 is for you, both phones are fantastic and the s3 is cheaper.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Get a Note2.... it has a auto hug setting. I moved from a One X to a Note 2. This device has to be the most bug free, problem free device I've ever owned hands down. Display is nicer than the S3 by far. Big is subjective...the Note2's size has never been an issue as I thought it would be. Actually, its incredible. I havent had a day go bye that the Note2 hasnt provided me with a surprise or thorough enjoyment.

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, I had a iphone ever since V1, I stopped at the iphone 4 and had it for 2.5 yrs. I couldn't see the huge difference in iphones. Siri didn't do anything for me and iphone 5 felt like a toy. Then, a hardcore android user (my friend) talked me into checking out the N2. I saw it way before it came out. I thought, that is a cool as phone and, it can do a lot of stuff. So, I read and read. Finally, I talked myself into it. Then, I couldn't wait. I had to go to Denver and when I came back it was Nov 9th. So, I gathered up my money and my friend and went over to ATT. I picked it up and I have not been happier. It is NOTHING like a iphone. So, customizable. I mess with it everyday. I used the S pen to do a recipe for Thanksgiving. I use it for Draw Something. Have like 5 reg notes for things. I bought a 64gig sd card. and will eventually put movies on it. I am still learning lots of the in's and outs of it. It's been since the 9th and I am not bored at all with it. I don't think the size has really anything to do with it. It's like anything else you get used to it. I really really like this phone.

Last edited:

joshuay04

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I disagree, the screen on the s3 is a pentile display that cannot compare to the note 2 even with lesser PPI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
When I upgraded this month, I was looking at several phones among which was the galaxy 3 and galaxy note 2. I pretty much research any major purchase very thoroughly. I settled on the galaxy 3 because of cost. It had a few glitches, guess it was manufactured on a Monday or Friday. I actually really, really liked the S3, it's a great phone but the glitches were ones I couldn't live with. So I decided I needed to return the phone and decided to go ahead and spend the extra bucks and get the note 2. As much as I really, really liked the S3, I absolutel love my note 2. Love the screen real estate, the quickness and the s pen. I think a few have said it depends on you and it does. The S3 was a fantastic phone but I really wanted the bigger screen (I'm very old and use my device with Kindle and so the bigger the screen the better) and of course, the s pen although still not sure how functional it will be. I'm really just learning how to use the s pen. (As I said, I'm old and my learning curve is slowing down) I, personally am glad I switched to the note 2 but it really does depend on you. They are both very similar phones.

I know there's a few of these threads already but I would like to hear from users of both these phones. You can go in the store and play on them for a bit, but I'd like to hear from people that use them daily. I use my phone for a little bit of everything. Just want to hear some feedback.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
It's like this, the note 2 is clearly the better phone.

Quad core cpu, 2 gigs of RAM, bigger screen.

But the overall size of the device is just too big for me so i prefer the s3

If it isn't too big for you, go with the note and don't look back

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

veritas_vincit

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
In my case I had The S3 and exchanged it for the Note2. It was all about screen size. Since I got the S3, I stopped using my iPad, so I went a step further and got the Note2.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I got the GN2 and now need to sell my Xoom. No need for a tablet with this beast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

You're probably correct - unless you are a device junkie like me, and you have 2 tablets, including the fantastic Galaxy Note 10.1.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I loved the S3. It was the best phone on the market until the Note 2. I sold both my S3 and my Nexus 7 so I could afford an off-contract Note 2 and as many here have said, you dont need a tablrt if you get a Note 2. It truly is a phablet and having one device instead of two really simplifies your life, which is nice

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Have to say, I agree with most of you. Extremely happy with my GSIII, but need to replace it due to some minor water damage. Will go with the Note 2 soon.
So many new capabilities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Have to say, I agree with most of you. Extremely happy with my GSIII, but need to replace it due to some minor water damage. Will go with the Note 2 soon.
So many new capabilities.

It's a little big but it is an awesome phone. I think you willl enjoy it!

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's like this, the note 2 is clearly the better phone.

Quad core cpu, 2 gigs of RAM, bigger screen.

But the overall size of the device is just too big for me so i prefer the s3

If it isn't too big for you, go with the note and don't look back
I was going through the same thing as OP, but I've seen the above advice so many times from so many people it became an easy decision. All I had to do was swing by the AT&T store and hold one in each hand.

Bryan Lucas

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I had this same question. I've had my iPhone 4 for over two years, and I'm just feeling constrained by the size. I wasn't that impressed with the "bigger" iPhone 5. Also, I'm also liking the flexibility of an Android phone.

I like the S3 but the bigger Note2 screen just looks great. I watch a lot of video podcasts and it would be so much better than my 4.

OldSkoolVWLover

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
One advantage of the GS3 is the ability for under $50 shipped (last I saw) you can get an inductive charging back on the GS3. Not a deal breaker for most, but a big plus in my book for the GS3.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
One advantage of the GS3 is the ability for under $50 shipped (last I saw) you can get an inductive charging back on the GS3. Not a deal breaker for most, but a big plus in my book for the GS3.

The Note II should also get this feature soon. So, maybe not an advantage for long.

Not personally too intrigued by it, but understand many are

crimsonsky

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The main draw of the Note 2 for me was and is the S-Pen. As an avid note taker the S-Pen totally intrigued me. Now that I have it, I use it literally all the time. I handwrite tweets, SMS, everything. I traded in my less than 2 month old GS3 to get the GN2. If the S3 had an S-Pen and all the wonderful stuff it does, I'd have stayed with it. Frankly for screen size, the S3 was plenty big enough. But the extra screen size of the GN2 doesn't hurt.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have both phones and the N2 is clearly the better phone. The GS3 is awesome, but the Note 2 is just on another level. A level that no other phone is on right now in my opinion. It's not just the screen size, it's also the screen quality, as well as the smooth operation, great speaker, s pen, and powerful specs.

That being said, the N2 is huge and you may find yourself longing for a smaller phone that you won't even notice in your pocket. My wife has a GS3 and sometimes I am jealous of how slim and light it is compared to the N2. Simply put, the majority of the time you have a phone in use you don't need a 5.5 inch screen or crazy fast processor. You need a reasonable size with functionality. The Note 2 doesn't do anything the GS3 can't do, it just does it faster and prettier. The tradeoff is the size.

I am on the fence. I could keep my old GS3 or keep the Note 2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz