12-11-2012 04:45 PM
37 12
tools
    Been waiting for mine as well-be nice to have what was advertised as that was one of the reasons I switched to the Note 2 from iphone 4.
    Peaches36 likes this.
    12-09-2012 09:26 PM
    Did AT&T actually advertise that feature? If not, they delivered what they promised.
    12-09-2012 09:57 PM
    I think that analogy only works if the phone were to boot but not be capable of anything else.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums
    A beeter analogy would have been a car without AC. The car runs just find but you would be alot more comfy if you had AC like all other new cars come with.
    12-09-2012 10:04 PM
    Did AT&T actually advertise that feature? If not, they delivered what they promised.
    No specific carrier advertised the feature, Samsung did. The fact that every carrier has the feature except ours is very discriminatory, and does not bold well with your subscribers especially when you dont give a reason for it. When all carriers offer the same phone, what makes you stand out if every other carrier offers features that you dont. I dont think its fair that the trial period was reduced from 30 days to 14, because the only ones that benefit from this, is the large corporations and not the consumers. When we had 30 days the providers would go above and beyond to keep you. They did everything from price matching, to replacements if you werent satisfied with any little thing. Now they BS you for 2 weeks and then tell you take it or leave it, and pay us on your way out the door. Sad.
    12-09-2012 10:52 PM
    No specific carrier advertised the feature, Samsung did. The fact that every carrier has the feature except ours is very discriminatory, and does not bold well with your subscribers especially when you dont give a reason for it. When all carriers offer the same phone, what makes you stand out if every other carrier offers features that you dont. I dont think its fair that the trial period was reduced from 30 days to 14, because the only ones that benefit from this, is the large corporations and not the consumers. When we had 30 days the providers would go above and beyond to keep you. They did everything from price matching, to replacements if you werent satisfied with any little thing. Now they BS you for 2 weeks and then tell you take it or leave it, and pay us on your way out the door. Sad.
    Actually, T-Mobile's variant doesn't have the feature either.
    12-10-2012 08:25 AM
    Multiple times. It always says software is up to date. The last time I was waiting on an update (while ago, it was for gingerbread on htc inspire) I checked and checked and checked and then one day, my phone had gingerbread. It just sorta happened. All I know, is I really, really want the update. I never do just one thing at a time, Never.

has anyone tried to use the software update when clicking on settings-->about?

each time i try it, it crashes and the error says its the AT&T updater. i wonder if that could be the cause? maybe they released it but at*ts own updating mechanism is broken?
    12-10-2012 11:05 AM
    Great point you cant cry about somethi g you were promised.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    12-10-2012 01:14 PM
    Yes they did..

Sent from Miss Peaches GN2
    12-11-2012 01:23 AM
    Yes they did..

Sent from Miss Peaches GN2
    That's a whole different story then.
    There should be some sort of compensation for not delivering what they promised.
    12-11-2012 09:52 AM
    Verizon is the only carrier that released the phone with that feature out the box all other carriers have had to send out updates to enable it I don't mind the wait but I would like to have it before the. End of the year
    12-11-2012 11:32 AM
    They did state it unfortunately. It was the deciding factor in my purchase. I hope someone does do a class action as if they were not going to have it at launch, they should have said so. Also, if they were not saying it, I think by now that they would have some "canned" rejection line. I strongly believe that they realize that the early adopters of this device aren't the average consumers, and know how to screen captureand more. If they were to say that, that would just be a flat out fraud (I think this is strongly borderline myself).

I know this is just horrible for me, as I use my device for work, and multi tasking is critical and essential.
    rollandl likes this.
    12-11-2012 04:40 PM
    I know we all use our devices differently but honestly that sounds like a lot of effort and possibly extra $$$$ just to get a feature that in all honesty i doubt you will use much.

I have the Int'l version and it came on the phone, but in the 6-8 weeks i've owned it, i have never used it EXCEPT to show the feature to someone.

The phone is sooooooo fast i hardly feel the need to look at an ap in a 2.5 inch screen when i can just as easily flip and get the full 5.5 inches on each app....

BTC
    Use mine daily. Replying to a text without stopping the YouTube video I am watching is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    12-11-2012 04:45 PM
37 12