Has anyone come up for a solution to the problem of the music player taking over whenever you connect to bluetooth devices?

For example, I listen to the economist during my commute to work. When I connect the phone to my car, it immediately switches over to a random song in music, even if I didn't have anything queued up in the music player. Also if I receive a call while in the car, when the call ends, the music player grabs audio control again. Very annoying. Thanks!
    11-27-2012 07:06 PM
    Not sure what is happening here, I use my Note 2 in the vehicle via blue tooth. It only plays music when I press play or use S Voice to start music. If I am listening to music and the phone rings, it pauses the music to talk and then turns the song back on upon hanging up.

Are you running an autoplay app with some feature turned on?

Lovin my Note 2!!
    11-28-2012 03:59 AM
    Hi Jay,

Yes it's a great phone, no doubt. I actually recently did a factory reset trying to get our corporate email to sync, so music player is as stock as it gets. When the music player is in control everything acts pretty normal. (Although I find it annoying, coming from IOS, that notification sounds completely block music instead of dimming music and playing over it) It is more when I've got some other app playing some kind of audio. What kind of vehicle/blue tooth do you have? Maybe it's equally a problem with Ford Sync. Thanks!
    11-28-2012 05:20 AM
    My wife has a Kia Soul with media and phone blue tooth functionality. It works identical to my way that my iPhone 4S did.
    Pauses the music for message notifications (when in driving mode) and calls, then resumes play after call ends. It only plays when I press play or use S Voice to start music.
    This all worked with the stock player, however I did not like the feature set of the player itself. I have moved over to double twist, still works like a champ!

Lovin my Note 2!!
    11-28-2012 03:33 PM
    Hi Jay,

I have not had any problems yet. I am using doubletwist instead of the stock player and it works fine. I am using it over bluetooth to Ford Sync and if I hit play it has always started double twist, not the stock music player. The only issue I have is alerts will: completely stop the player for a few seconds, and first the phone will play the alert then about halfway through it the alert will play over the car stereo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    11-28-2012 03:49 PM
    Sounds like a Ford thing, in the Soul, it:
    Pauses
    Plays the alert tone
    Read the alert (if driving mode is on)
    Resumes play

I use BT in my pickup as well, N2 plugged into stereo Aux, BT Blueant for speakerphone. It works identically:
    Pauses music
    Plays alert tone via Blueant
    Reads alert via Blueant (driving mode)
    Resumes play via Aux

Lovin my Note 2!!
    11-29-2012 03:04 PM
    Have 2013 Kia Soul Exclaim with premimum package. I can pair the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with the Soul and everthing seems to work but when I select media to play music from the Note I cannot advance to the next song pushing any button. It just starts playing the first song in the Note's library. I think there is a voice function when not connect where you can say the word "next" or something and it will go to the next song. I have tried to say "next" in the Soul and "skip" and "pause" and nothing happened. I just got the this Note a few days ago after having been using an Iphone 4 with this car and all the functions worked with the Iphone. Any suggestions for this old man?
    01-06-2013 08:29 AM